Busse and kin that HAVE to be owned

I’m looking for another Busse, and I was interested in hearing which models and variants that everyone has on their Must Have list.

I own/have owned a: NMSFNO, Fire Warden, TGLB, BATAC, HOGB8, BG Mean Street and a TGBG.

Basic 8 LE...you need to try some Res C wrapped INFI...it's not everyones' cup of tea, but a lot of us LOVE it and it could be a game changer for you, too.

I'd go with this model over the HOGB8, because the LE with it's zero convex primary grind is a laser when it comes to doing what blades are <primarily> made to do-- SLICE thru things. Plus the weight < read: lack thereof > will truly astound you.

And if you find you like Res-C, grab a SYKCO 1311 down the line to have your mind blown again.

++ Battle Mistress

I particularly like the choiled anniversary editions with black paper micarta. Bacon-lishus.

DSC_9697.JPG

best

mqqn

MOST of the Res-C blades are a good bet (From any of the 3 lines) but if I could only have 1 micarta handled Busse, the clipped SHE-2 would be it hands down...
110nFl4.jpg

MUST HAVE Res-C blades you haven't listed include:

B10LE
B8LE
Basic Euro-6
Tali-Whacker
Swamp Rat Battle Rat (both combat and Satin)
Swamp Rat Camp Tramp
Dog Soldier (6 and/or 8)

If you have medium hands, other "must haves/must try" are... INFIcoot, Original Urban Grudge, Ratmandu, Boss Street & Gladius

Last edited:
Definitely need an ASH2. Also need a Boss Jack and a Hog Badger. Those two are very similar in size, but you still need both.

All I’m missing on my grails is a MOABM, but I can’t bring myself to spend $3k on them when they come up when they sold originally for $1200

Maybe FFBMs will get an OP2W release

First I thought I needed one "all purpose" blade. Then I needed something big and something small. Then I needed something of each blade length from 3-13 inch's. Now I think I need one in every length that's both thick bacon and thin cut.

I don't know what the next step is but it probably involves meetings.

Heavy Stuff:

Battle Mistress — ASHBM or CGFBM or FFBM or NMFBM

Lighter Stuff:

Basic 10 L.E Choiless or Silent Knight (No Catch) or B11 or 1311 or BGBB13 or AK47

Many years of Busses have gone by since i first ordered a set of mean street, badger attack and steel heart ii in A2 steel way back when. There are a few that ive picked up multiples on just cause they are the epitome of Bussedom..
Ash1 .22 and .320
Sfno regular and saber grind
Hellrazor, old style with corrogated blade
Sjtac
Battle mistress my fav is the cgfbm
Tglb
Badger attack tactical
Meaner street, active duty and boss jack and boss street
Ak47 and butaniku short version.
Sarsquatch
Fusion steel heart
All the new ergo ii versions are nice..
And of course the basics are all gtg.. dang.. too many already!

The absolute must have Busse knife is "that one knife." It's the one you saw on the Exchange that time but someone else bought or the one that was offered up during OP2WP2 that you didn't order, or even worse, one you sold a couple years back. It's in everyone and no one's collection at the same time. When you finally get it, you realize it's not it at all, and "that one knife" is still out there haunting your little piggy dreams because there are as many must have knives as there are uses for them and the wicked Bossman of Wauseon keeps producing that salty crispy bacon we can't live without.

I tell everyone new to Busse to start with a TG variant (TGLB, BGTG, FTG, doesn't matter) and an ASH 2. Those should be the foundation of any Busse collection in my opinion. From there piglets will find their own way into this madness... :)

Back