1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Busse and kin that HAVE to be owned

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by gdog363, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2009
    NMSFNO and AMS for sure...maybe a TTKZ or sus scrofa, both of which I think are love it or hate it blades. I have SAR3 and 4 keepers, but both have been so drastically altered by the CS they don't count as must-haves in their stock state (IMO, of course). I'll add any Busse with a fusion handle to the list for the same reason as the SS/TTKZ...there are some iconic, fantastic blades with the fusion handle. It's good to figure out whether you like, hate, or are just OK with it.

lex2006 likes this.
  2. Rob_Mob

Rob_Mob

Oct 16, 2013
    You just did Dave — you just did ;)

3. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    It's still fairly new to me, but I've gotta say the Chopweiler is fantastic. Went straight to the top of the list as my favorite in the 7-8" blade class.

Any reissue would be an instant buy. SE, LE, INFI, A2, Gen 2, regular SR-101 redux... Don't care, just BRING IT BOSSMAN!!!

Hard Knocks, Chrisinzky and luethge like this.
  4. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    In a way I think a Hognose kind of should be. Who doesn't need a machete laying around? There's nothing like it you gotta give it that.
    As already mentioned, a Mistress something - and I like the Res-C recc to. Anything in the Basic or DS8 -

5. jakob.k

jakob.k Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Ratmandu - one of the best designs ever, my first KIN, must have
    Park Ranger if it fits your hands (preferably Battle Grade)
    Boss Jack LE - stabbier than RMD, sacrifices a bit slicing ability for better splitting ability, best choice for only one tool imho
    TGLB - my first real BUSSE
    Bushwacker Mistress - ESEE Junglas on steroids
    Basic10LE - great light chopper
    SAR Series / NMSFNO
    NMFBM / CGFBM / any mistress

The Dog Soldiers are too blade heavy for my taste. Would have rather liked the big diameter hollow grind of the TGLB instead of the convex one it has.
    Basic 10 LE feels better in hand than DS8...

6. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    I will second the Bushwacker Mistress. I love everything about mine but the factory edge. It is angled for chopping up engine blocks instead of wood and/or vegetation. It is going to get a nice layed back convex one of these days.

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  7. Crosier

Crosier Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2011
    “Fighter” style Busses’s are awesome. Like Argonne Attack/Assault and Urgent Fury.

8. Geoff

Geoff

Mar 21, 2001
    Imo:
    Some Mistress variant. Battlesaw? NMFBM?

Some TG varient TGLB?

Some Steel Heart variant. NMFSH?

Some small variant to cut steak without scaring people. AMS?

A Basic, 8 or even 4

9. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    These three, or any variations of these models, give a great feel for Bussekin

[​IMG]

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  10. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Absolutely! :cool: I especially like the SHSHII & SHBM.

I love the Basics - any size, small/medium/large, they're all good! The Scrap Yard "11" series is also good. As you probably guessed by now, I do like Res C! :D

Another favorite that I don't think has been mentioned yet: the Busse Steak Knife. Hollow-ground .090" thick Elmax is a great slicer! :thumbsup:

luethge and Cobalt like this.
  11. Swamp_Hog

Swamp_Hog

Mar 3, 2013
    Mistress variant
    Hellrazor
    TG variant

12. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Nfsh
    20190301_220925.jpg

13. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Oh, just perhaps the two that started this whole crazy Bussekin thin’?

SH1, and SHSH2. If you can find one for sale. SHSH2 slightly less rare in the marketplace. In my six years of Bussekin enthusiasm (addiction?), I have seen four of the original Steel Heart’s for sale on BF Exchange or on eBay. Good luck in your next knife. There are truly no bad blades that fly from the Ohio Mothership.