Busse and kin that HAVE to be owned

NMSFNO and AMS for sure...maybe a TTKZ or sus scrofa, both of which I think are love it or hate it blades. I have SAR3 and 4 keepers, but both have been so drastically altered by the CS they don't count as must-haves in their stock state (IMO, of course). I'll add any Busse with a fusion handle to the list for the same reason as the SS/TTKZ...there are some iconic, fantastic blades with the fusion handle. It's good to figure out whether you like, hate, or are just OK with it.

It's still fairly new to me, but I've gotta say the Chopweiler is fantastic. Went straight to the top of the list as my favorite in the 7-8" blade class.

Any reissue would be an instant buy. SE, LE, INFI, A2, Gen 2, regular SR-101 redux... Don't care, just BRING IT BOSSMAN!!!

In a way I think a Hognose kind of should be. Who doesn't need a machete laying around? There's nothing like it you gotta give it that.
As already mentioned, a Mistress something - and I like the Res-C recc to. Anything in the Basic or DS8 -

Ratmandu - one of the best designs ever, my first KIN, must have
Park Ranger if it fits your hands (preferably Battle Grade)
Boss Jack LE - stabbier than RMD, sacrifices a bit slicing ability for better splitting ability, best choice for only one tool imho
TGLB - my first real BUSSE
Bushwacker Mistress - ESEE Junglas on steroids
Basic10LE - great light chopper
SAR Series / NMSFNO
NMFBM / CGFBM / any mistress

The Dog Soldiers are too blade heavy for my taste. Would have rather liked the big diameter hollow grind of the TGLB instead of the convex one it has.
Basic 10 LE feels better in hand than DS8...

Ratmandu - one of the best designs ever, my first KIN, must have
Park Ranger if it fits your hands (preferably Battle Grade)
Boss Jack LE - stabbier than RMD, sacrifices a bit slicing ability for better splitting ability, best choice for only one tool imho
TGLB - my first real BUSSE
Bushwacker Mistress - ESEE Junglas on steroids
Basic10LE - great light chopper
SAR Series / NMSFNO
NMFBM / CGFBM / any mistress

The Dog Soldiers are too blade heavy for my taste. Would have rather liked the big diameter hollow grind of the TGLB instead of the convex one it has.
Basic 10 LE feels better in hand than DS8...
I will second the Bushwacker Mistress. I love everything about mine but the factory edge. It is angled for chopping up engine blocks instead of wood and/or vegetation. It is going to get a nice layed back convex one of these days.

“Fighter” style Busses’s are awesome. Like Argonne Attack/Assault and Urgent Fury.

Imo:
Some Mistress variant. Battlesaw? NMFBM?

Some TG varient TGLB?

Some Steel Heart variant. NMFSH?

Some small variant to cut steak without scaring people. AMS?

A Basic, 8 or even 4

These three, or any variations of these models, give a great feel for Bussekin

Bussekin.jpg

Steel heart or battle mistress are a must have. Any version
Absolutely! :cool: I especially like the SHSHII & SHBM.

A mandatory pile of Res C in any & all steel offerings & sizes...
As already mentioned, a Mistress something - and I like the Res-C recc to. Anything in the Basic or DS8 -
I love the Basics - any size, small/medium/large, they're all good! The Scrap Yard "11" series is also good. As you probably guessed by now, I do like Res C! :D

Another favorite that I don't think has been mentioned yet: the Busse Steak Knife. Hollow-ground .090" thick Elmax is a great slicer! :thumbsup:

Oh, just perhaps the two that started this whole crazy Bussekin thin’?

SH1, and SHSH2. If you can find one for sale. SHSH2 slightly less rare in the marketplace. In my six years of Bussekin enthusiasm (addiction?), I have seen four of the original Steel Heart’s for sale on BF Exchange or on eBay. Good luck in your next knife. There are truly no bad blades that fly from the Ohio Mothership.

Back