Busse and/or CPK

To elaborate on my earlier post, these are the Bussekin knives I have that I consider good users. All light for their size with thin or convexed edges. The only one with a full tang, slab handle is the MMD, which is only 17oz for 10" blade - pretty much exactly the same weight as a CPK Light Chopper.
Skinny Basic 4
ScrapMax 460
Alpha Dog 6
Basic 8
Basic 10 (no choil)
INFI MountainManDu
Basic 11

I have posted about Infi being A8 (mod) several times and none of the threads went well. Some folks seemed to take it very personally and thought I was insulting Busse or them. I consider A8 (mod) a very good knife steel . None of the threads I posted in had comments from Busse confirming or denying anything .

The products put out in "Infi" were all first rate and built very tough so even if the steel wasn't as tough as it is the knives would still hold up very well. I have two "Infi" knives left and plan on keeping them and have a slab of A8 (mod) sitting around I'm going to have a custom built out of.

The marketing is the only thing I find questionable but the knives are first rate. Making up a name for a well known steel seems strange to me ( see Cold Steel's "Carbon V " as well as "Infi" ) but it has worked well because I have personally seen members here try to burn down threads and get them closed rather than allow people to post the truth. It says a lot about human nature but I won't get into that as this isn't the place. :)

Back