Bring Arctic White Back?

• Yes

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Hell ya

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
Someone put up a SAR 5 with arctic white coating. Got me thinking. I always really liked arctic white, even if wasn't that popular (to the best of my knowledge). Wondering if Busse would ever consider bringing it back as an option? What do you guys think?

Hi Redwolf4, for my 2 cents worth...I say let arctic white die and remain a bad memory ;). It was my absolute least favorite of the wretched crinkle-coat finishes, which isn't saying much...because I want my INFI butt- NEKKID!

Satin is my preferred finish because it cuts more smoothly through tatami mats (Rolled bamboo matting) during martial arts practice. I like the comp finish as well, the BIG finish not as much.

I did snatch up an arctic white Swamp Rat Rucki off the Epsilon Bay several years ago because I found it for $275 bucks all in. Had it stripped 2 days after receiving it. Hell of a good cutter as I recall, sold it a couple of years ago for $325 as my interests shifted to INFI.

Not trying to pee on your campfire my friend...we all like what we like, but you asked...and I answered honestly. I hope you find a hidden trove of Arctic White steely goodness, and I'm gonna keep hangin' out with strippers...and use em' hard. :D

Cheers! :thumbsup:

White looks like a good choice for display models but every user that has a white coating looks like garbage after any blemish. Other worn finishes look more like normal, regular worn finishes. White looks exceptionally awful when worn or tarnished and I can't figure out why. But, when pristine, looks great!

I Voted No, I don't like it. Maybe if it was gonna be a wall hanger or showpiece, maybe.
I'm not anti coating at all, there's just certain colors I gravitate to and one's that don't interest me at all.
But it would good if they had a white for the folks who wanted that color.

Last edited:
I voted "no", but that needs explaining.

I do like the stark white color, but wish it could be a different texture or coating that wears differently. I do like the Arctic multicam Cerakote because it doesn't immediately look like crap as soon as you use it. Maybe we can get a new white at some point rather than reviving the old krinkle coat.

I voted "no", but that needs explaining.

I do like the stark white color, but wish it could be a different texture or coating that wears differently. I do like the Arctic multicam Cerakote because it doesn't immediately look like crap as soon as you use it. Maybe we can get a new white at some point rather than reviving the old krinkle coat.

Great Idea! I've never actually owned an arctic white before so I'm not familiar with the problems of the crinkle coat or how it looks bad when it wears. I just love the look of it new. A new and improved white coating would be awesome!

I voted yes because I remember seeing a white Busse sword for sale years ago and distinctly recall thinking how freaking spooky a white sword blade looked...

I voted yes as I loved the Arctic white and I like the way it looks after being used. I wish they still offered it for those of us that love it.

Question should be, would you buy it? I'm all for whatever someone wants so sure, make it an option. would I buy it? most likely not but never say never.

Wish I would have held onto one of the white/snakeskin blades from years ago. Those were cool.

Garth

Back