Busse Black Friday Rules, Pricing, And Details For Wednesday November 27, 2019

I believe the rule is "ABC." Always Buy C.
Yeah, that was a major brain fart. After I reread Jerry’s first post, it was painfully obvious that C was the only choice. Derp. :confused:

Your ABC rule is much more applicable in this situation than mine, which is “Accept nothing, Believe nobody, Check it yourself”. I don’t like coffee.

She actually scoffs at expensive handbags.... (lucky for me ;))... but also makes it harder to justify my indulgences o_O like Busse and whiskey and.....

When the second one arrives and she gives you the look just say, “we agreed on the $500 bags”. That one little letter caused a simple misunderstanding. Whatever you buy her to ease the pain, just make sure she can’t use it to hit you. I’d recommend a spa day. Try to line up the appointment with the day the brown truck brings your second bag.

I'm just afraid of my wife wanting nothing to do with me after seeing my credit card statement from Busse :confused:

Holy crap! Two tires mounted on my Sporty at the stealership didn't cost me that much!
They dont call it ripoff republic for nothing Liza.
I have an ongoing thing with that particular dealership I could get them cheaper but wouldn't leave anyone work on my stuff and I dont have any imperial tools ireland is full of jap bikes and we use metric

I have relatives that think it’s strange that I eat $1.50 Costco hot dogs for lunch, drive a truck I bought new in 1990 (that still runs great) - and regularly purchase $300+ knives. Anyone here think this is abnormal behavior?
Costco hotdogs rule. They also last all of 5 minutes. Trucks don't last forever. Why spend large amounts of money on things that don't last when you can spend large amounts of money on things (like INFI) that will last forever (or at least outlast us)?

I'm just afraid of my wife wanting nothing to do with me after seeing my credit card statement from Busse :confused:
I feel your pain, Brother. It only gets worse from here.

Fun side note ; There was a moment at the family Thanksgiving celebration where I was alone with my girl, finishing a plate. I told her about your situation, and the advice I gave you. We had a good laugh. Then, she suddenly remembered and ask, “Oh! What about your knives? When is that?” I tell her it was last night, and that I did not miss it. “Good. What did you get?” (Last time I got in on grab bags, I ordered a $500 bag, then promptly emailed the shop to double my order. I am fairly certain she remembers this, though I didn’t ask.) “I upgraded this time”, I reply. “Oh, really? What does that mean?” I tell her, “ Bumped it up to the thousand dollar grab bags.” “Fan-see!”, she said. Every single time I said grab bags, I said it “grab bags”. When they finally show up, and she puts two and two together, I have a feeling I’ll be in less trouble when she realizes I cleverly told her upfront exactly what I was doing. She might even give me props for it!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I feel your pain, Brother. It only gets worse from here.

Fun side note ; There was a moment at the family Thanksgiving celebration where I was alone with my girl, finishing a plate. I told her about your situation, and the advice I gave you. We had a good laugh. Then, she suddenly remembered and ask, “Oh! What about your knives? When is that?” I tell her it was last night, and that I did not miss it. “Good. What did you get?” (Last time I got in on grab bags, I ordered a $500 bag, then promptly emailed the shop to double my order. I am fairly certain she remembers this, though I didn’t ask.) “I upgraded this time”, I reply. “Oh, really? What does that mean?” I tell her, “ Bumped it up to the thousand dollar grab bags.” “Fan-see!”, she said. Every single time I said grab bags, I said t “grab bags”. When they finally show up, and she puts two and two together, I have a feeling I’ll be in less trouble when she realizes I cleverly told her exactly what I was doing. She might even give me props for it!! :rolleyes:

Hahaha.. nah, my wife is generally a good sport. She doesn't quite care for knives, but usually allowed me to do whatever with my allocated hobby find. She's just been getting on my case a little (out of Love), that I'm spending money on things that I don't currently have time to enjoy as much. We just had a baby and she knows I'm a little sad that we don't get to go camping anymore with my buddy work schedule... I'm bummed to not be outdoors more often.

We joke that we joke about hating each other and what not... As long as we still laugh about it, we know everything is still good. When the jokes don't feel like jokes anymore, then we know there's a problem...

She's very tolerant (accepting) of what and who I am.

Great to hear that your girl is on your side too :thumbsup:

Yes, Sir! She’s a keeper, all right.

Any suggestion I’ve made of deceiving your spouse is purely for the sake of levity. Now, go outside!

Gah! Went to jump in but can’t decide if grab bag now or credit in the future.

For sure. But happy soon with a surprise or pick what you want and be happy later?

I hate going out to eat when a place has a large menu. I don’t like choices. ;)

Last edited:
One of each!

Or....

If you don’t like choosing, you could go exclusively grab bags.

Any suggestion I’ve made of deceiving your spouse is purely for the sake of levity.

Oh of course. But isn't spouse-deception part of the fun of the game? ;)
Needs a level of danger in our lives to truly feel alive! (Busse crew, please don't take that as a sign to further endanger my bank account and/or whatever might be left of my savings. That level of danger was already at level "dark orange".)

For sure. But happy soon with a surprise or pick what you want and be happy later?

I hate going out to eat when a place has a large menu. I don’t like choices. ;)
I think it depends on if you are only into INFI or if you also like SR101. If the thought of recieving a bag full of SR101 bums you out I'd suggest going with shop credits because that is a definite possibility. I never had a piece of SR101 until my first grab bags and it was love at first feel. Now I actually hope to get multiple pieces of it rather than one large/nice piece of INFI......but one nice piece of INFI is always welcomed too.

Back