Busse Black Friday Rules, Pricing, And Details For Wednesday November 27, 2019

I mean, how unlucky can you be?? Most (if not all) of the recent Busse offerings have been flat out irresistible!! It's a box full of Busse! It can't possibly be bad!

Oh I know. I’ll be happy with whatever they send. If I wasn’t confident of that, I would not spend that much. Just taking a swipe at my general luck

When it comes to grab bags, I feel that luck only applies to how quickly your order dings and ships. If yours is one of the first or if it’s one of the last, a case could be made for both being lucky. On one hand, you don’t have to deal with waiting and waiting while watching everyone else get their goodies. On the other hand, some of the nicest custom shop pieces seem to find their way into the later batches. Either way, can’t wait to see what we get.

Do all the bags need to sell before they can process the orders? I can see that being the case in order to maintain inventory control and such.

Let me tell you my story.

I had a $500 grab bag in my cart for over a week but couldn’t bring myself to check out. My hesitation wasn’t because I don’t love the grab bag concept or the fact the past couple of grab bags I’ve received haven’t been enormously satisfying. It was that I didn’t really have a Busse itch to scratch for $500 or more. Admittedly however, it ate at me.

I missed the $500 grab bag last call email. I had assumed they were still available when I received the $1000 last call email yesterday. How bummed was I that my first choice went away? I kinda expected it would and was counting on fate to relieve my burden. Since I hesitated for so long on the $500 bag there was no way I’d go for a $1000 bag. Leave it for someone else to get immense joy pulling down a sweet custom shop piece with glinting hand polished INFI and Crab Shack masterpiece scales or awesome production blade they may have missed out on. How amazing would those knives look in relation to the others in their collection?

So anyway I have a $1000 grab bag on order.

I had a $500 grab bag in my cart for over a week but couldn’t bring myself to check out. My hesitation wasn’t because I don’t love the grab bag concept or the fact the past couple of grab bags I’ve received haven’t been enormously satisfying. It was that I didn’t really have a Busse itch to scratch for $500 or more. Admittedly however, it ate at me.

I missed the $500 grab bag last call email. I had assumed they were still available when I received the $1000 last call email yesterday. How bummed was I that my first choice went away? I kinda expected it would and was counting on fate to relieve my burden. Since I hesitated for so long on the $500 bag there was no way I’d go for a $1000 bag. Leave it for someone else to get immense joy pulling down a sweet custom shop piece with glinting hand polished INFI and Crab Shack masterpiece scales or awesome production blade they may have missed out on. How amazing would those knives look in relation to the others in their collection?

Excellent rationale. Sounds mind, sounds purchase.

Do all the bags need to sell before they can process the orders? I can see that being the case in order to maintain inventory control and such.

I assume that no order would be processed while the sale is still live. Which it no longer is. That being said, this is Busse we’re talking about. It will be two weeks.

As with all things Busse, he who hesitates is doomed to pay twice as much later. Congrats on the big bag!

When it comes to grab bags, I feel that luck only applies to how quickly your order dings and ships. If yours is one of the first or if it’s one of the last, a case could be made for both being lucky. On one hand, you don’t have to deal with waiting and waiting while watching everyone else get their goodies. On the other hand, some of the nicest custom shop pieces seem to find their way into the later batches. Either way, can’t wait to see what we get.
Or the people with the CS pieces you're talking about post their pics last. Conspiracy?

I’ve been out of the knife game for the last couple of years, so I’d be pretty happy with either of those in my bags. Kind of bummed I missed out on the grab bags last Black Friday. I would LOVE to have a Hog Badger or FMV14, and those were plentiful last time. I’m certain I’ll be more than happy with whatever I get, either as keepers or trade fodder. Be it a whole bunch of low dollar blades, or one ridiculous custom piece. Heck, I can’t even decide which of those scenarios would be better. These grab bags make me feel like a kid before Christmas; excited, anxious, and nervously impatient. Excuse me while I go scroll through the old grab bags threads for the umpteenth time.
It cracks me up to see people posting all the things they would want and possibly wouldn't want. I have joked around privately with people about buying a grab bag and I have a couple "nightmare" scenarios. I'd get an axe and a CS Cleaver... FML Things I just never would need and feel like would be a hard sell/trade. Or, I'd get a box of stuff that everything in it was something I could never part with because I liked it so much. My wife would kill me. Tell you what though, I looked through all the pics from the past grab bags, and if I could pull a knife out of a hat that looks like the most comfy blade I've ever seen for me, it was the CS Ergo PD's. Damn, some of those were good looking.

Dang!! TGULB and grab bag dings are happening? Can’t wait for Jerry to drain my account, too!

It cracks me up to see people posting all the things they would want and possibly wouldn't want. I have joked around privately with people about buying a grab bag and I have a couple "nightmare" scenarios. I'd get an axe and a CS Cleaver... FML Things I just never would need and feel like would be a hard sell/trade. Or, I'd get a box of stuff that everything in it was something I could never part with because I liked it so much. My wife would kill me. Tell you what though, I looked through all the pics from the past grab bags, and if I could pull a knife out of a hat that looks like the most comfy blade I've ever seen for me, it was the CS Ergo PD's. Damn, some of those were good looking.
Sure like mine, even though it was far from the most exotic.
Q7ns53S.jpg

To those who have been dinged for their bags, how many of which bags did you get?

To those who have been dinged for their bags, how many of which bags did you get?

I got dinged for a $500 bag that I ordered within 2 hours of the grab bag sale going live. I ordered a second $500 bag on the 1st that has not been invoiced yet.

UPDATE on Grab Bags. We just started processing them (Remember they are blind) We starting processing them today. I just give the invoices that are paid and the boxes come to shipping room. Honest to goodness, it is BLIND. No idea what is in the boxes? Driving ME crazy LOL:mad:. Shipping Department is getting slammed. Batches of knives that are shipping. I think shipping is very Busy. Happy Monday All.

UPDATE on Grab Bags. We just started processing them (Remember they are blind) We starting processing them today. I just give the invoices that are paid and the boxes come to shipping room. Honest to goodness, it is BLIND. No idea what is in the boxes? Driving ME crazy LOL:mad:. Shipping Department is getting slammed. Batches of knives that are shipping. I think shipping is very Busy. Happy Monday All.

I suppose you will have to wait and see once they start coming in and we post up what we got. :)

I look at it like a present, I don't know what it is until it gets here.

Like an EARLY XMAS present.

Dang!! TGULB and grab bag dings are happening? Can’t wait for Jerry to drain my account, too!

Sure like mine, even though it was far from the most exotic.
Q7ns53S.jpg
Pretty much exactly like that. I saw one that was determined to be blue kirinite, to me it looked like fish scales. I thought it was sexy as hell. I actually really like yours. Simple and elegant, but fancy enough to be classy. I'd love a knife like that.

Back