Busse Combat Proudly Presents The HUCK and The HUCK Fin NOW LIVE!!!

The Fin is one of my three most anticipated blades along with The Bunker Buster, and Fatback!!

My only wish for it is that it's lighter than TTKZ and KZ2.
HUCK Fin as a fighting khuk (with sharpened swedge) should weigh around 19Oz for the "1 ox/inch" logic.

Me thinks it will be double that...

I agree there should be some weight but the speed of the khukuri is crucial.
The balance point is important as well. If it's too heavy, it's going to end up just like every other chopper out there and not being versatile.
Kukri is tactical and utility in one body ;The bad ass swedge is tactical and the wielder should benefit from the light blade should it be used in a tactical situation.

I am very excited with this design and hope it will surpass the previous two khuks in performance.

I agree there should be some weight but the speed of the khukuri is crucial.
The balance point is important as well. If it's too heavy, it's going to end up just like every other chopper out there and not being versatile.
Kukri is tactical and utility in one body ;The bad ass swedge is tactical and the wielder should benefit from the light blade should it be used in a tactical situation.

I am very excited with this design and hope it will surpass the previous two khuks in performance.

I agree but looking at the specs, I don't think the HUCK is going to be that type of Kukri. It's gonna be a big, bad ass chopper. Similar to the Killa Zilla's I reckon.

Not sure of the weight, but it will be closer to 38 oz vs 19 oz

I'm guessing 35oz

I'd rather have a meaty chopper. I'm no kuk expert but it seems that the real Gurkha kukri specs I've seen points twards them being stout blades meant for serious cleaving power.

I hope the CBT will be deep enough and the tang has pocket for weight reduction.

Clampdaddy,
If you have handled actual Gurkha khukuris ( heirloom or forged in their villages) you'd be surprised by the immense size but featherweight balance. I have an all metal construction pre WW1 with Artillery marking; its 21" long but weighs only 18oz. Deep fullers though.
These Nepalese boys don't just carry their knives but heavy packs,ammo and etc.

I hope the CBT will be deep enough and the tang has pocket for weight reduction.

Clampdaddy,
If you have handled actual Gurkha khukuris ( heirloom or forged in their villages) you'd be surprised by the immense size but featherweight balance. I have an all metal construction pre WW1 with Artillery marking; its 21" long but weighs only 18oz. Deep fullers though.
These Nepalese boys don't just carry their knives but heavy packs,ammo and etc.
The rat tail tangs of the Gurkha kuks probably had a lot to do with their weight savings. A LB treatment on the handle of the Hucks would be pretty sweet.

Between the Basic 8 thread and the BB 13 thread we DO NOT need any more Res-c! We need TeroTuf

Between the Basic 8 thread and the BB 13 thread we DO NOT need any more Res-c! We need TeroTuf

Tommy, I tried out Lozdesign's (Lawrie) Sasquatch a few days ago. Was my first time using TeroTuf and I really loved it. How do you like it compared to Micarta? To me they are very similar, TeroTuf is just more grippy when wet

It has become my Favorite material for large chopper's! Looks similar to a Matte Canvas but has more of a "Spongy" feel to it! It is a Laminate with a Resin like Canvas material added to it-Suppose to be extremely tough and durable as well. I wish Busse would start using it (TeroTUF) on some of their future Offering's! The Sasquatch is a VERY Special knife!!
Tommy, I tried out Lozdesign's (Lawrie) Sasquatch a few days ago. Was my first time using TeroTuf and I really loved it. How do you like it compared to Micarta? To me they are very similar, TeroTuf is just more grippy when wet

Last edited:
Back