Busse Combat Will Not Be Attending BLADE Show 2019. . .YeeeHawwww!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Busse

:cool:Due to some incredible projects currently in the works and coupled with the enormous number of orders that we have in process, there is simply no way to fit the BLADE Show into our schedule this year.

Stay tuned for lot's of killer cool INFI coming your way! :cool::cool::cool:

Let's Drink! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

This is great news for a Piglet like me as reading about all the show specials has bummed me out that I missed them.

I thought I was doomed to miss them forever since I'll probably never be able to get to Blade. Now it looks like I'll have my shot in the GANZAAS like everybody else.

Can't wait to see what's next as everything offered up this year has been awesome!

This is very sad news. Aside from the fantastic knives, a big part of the Busse draw for me over the past several years has been the camaraderie meeting with, talking with, and drinking with fellow Busse enthusiasts at Blade Show. Doing away with that face to face interaction with the Busse crew at Blade (and the other shows as well) is a tremendous negative. I completely understand that the Busse shop is busy, but removing that physical customer / employee interaction removes a big part of the essence of what it truly is to be a Busse collector, at least to me. This coupled with the fact that the custom shop has been closed for so long and that it's not possible to truly order a custom Busse anymore (I understand that there are grab bags and things but that's luck of the draw), represents to me a very sad trend. It's great that there are other knife makers out there that have really stepped up their game in the last couple years, but Busse is my first knife love and I really miss what it used to be. Of course, nothing in this world lasts forever in any given form, but change is not always for the best.

This really is not intended to be a rant, it's just one man's opinion. I believe that my years of collecting and owning well over 100 Busse's represents sufficient history to express my opinion for what it is. If this post offends anyone, that is not my intent.

This is very sad news. Aside from the fantastic knives, a big part of the Busse draw for me over the past several years has been the camaraderie meeting with, talking with, and drinking with fellow Busse enthusiasts at Blade Show. Doing away with that face to face interaction with the Busse crew at Blade (and the other shows as well) is a tremendous negative. I completely understand that the Busse shop is busy, but removing that physical customer / employee interaction removes a big part of the essence of what it truly is to be a Busse collector, at least to me. This coupled with the fact that the custom shop has been closed for so long and that it's not possible to truly order a custom Busse anymore (I understand that there are grab bags and things but that's luck of the draw), represents to me a very sad trend. It's great that there are other knife makers out there that have really stepped up their game in the last couple years, but Busse is my first knife love and I really miss what it used to be. Of course, nothing in this world lasts forever in any given form, but change is not always for the best.

This really is not intended to be a rant, it's just one man's opinion. I believe that my years of collecting and owning well over 100 Busse's represents sufficient history to express my opinion for what it is. If this post offends anyone, that is not my intent.
Your post should not offend anyone. Jerry was there too and I'm sure he'd rather hang out and party with a bunch of HOGs than spend the long days in the shop but time constraints plague us all and success can be a curse in disguise.

I'm sure the face-to-face meetups and custom shop blades are not gone forever. For instance, I keep trying to arrange a chop in town here in South Florida during the winter! :D We've got 80° sunny weather all winter and an endless supply of invasive exotic species begging for some INFI punishment! :D

I'm sorry I missed all the great times passed but I'm sure there are more to come. This will likely not be the last chapter in the Busse Saga! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was hoping to see some Crab Shack V14s on display at Blade this year. My passion for knives was/is fueled by Busse and my collection is 95% Busse. Can't see myself making the pilgrimage to Atlanta just to pay homage to the other 5%...but I'm hopeful we'll see at least one offering this year with grab bag style Crab Shack handles (FMV4 or FMV24???:D). Or maybe the elusive folder so I can have a legit Busse EDC. Of course the TGLB LE or 10" Jackhammer seem to be the next in line for the squeakiest wheel to get the grease. ;)

Ya know, the Bossman and Busse are A#1 people.
I'm sure they are doing what's best for them and us.
Busse has ALWAYS been very good to me.
Maybe....just maybe, the Bossman could set up an exclusive Busse GTG in Ohio. I know Atlanta can be a pita.

I reckon there's gotta be a Busse Blade Show held in Ohio. Just set up that enormous booth in the street and invite everyone along for a massive party. Booze, bbqs and blades.

BUSSE BLOCK PARTY!!!! I would actually travel to attend this.

:cool:Due to some incredible projects currently in the works and coupled with the enormous number of orders that we have in process, there is simply no way to fit the BLADE Show into our schedule this year.

Stay tuned for lot's of killer cool INFI coming your way! :cool::cool::cool:

Let's Drink! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

I am sure you will be missed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back