1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Busse handles

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by ambulance830, Mar 13, 2019.

1. ambulance830

ambulance830 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Since the custom shop isn't taking on new work, does anybody make custom knife handles for busse knives?

2. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Josh at REK is the first one to pop up in my mind.
    You can always drill out the tubes and replace with torx screws and then get your own handle material and give it a go.
    Hope this helps.

3. ambulance830

Dec 16, 2012
    I'll check him out. And yeah I was thinking about doing it myself. I have all the tools available to make new ones. Idk why I'm reluctant to do so.

4. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    There’s also BF member “TRfromMT” he makes really nice handles :) You could shoot him a PM.
    upload_2019-3-13_9-23-31.jpeg
    Not my pic, I believe it’s “TRfromMT” pic
    Custom handles

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  5. ambulance830

Dec 16, 2012
    Those are nice handles! I'll try to get ahold of him! Or if anyone knows his contact info?

duramax likes this.
  6. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    If you get a gold membership or at least one with pm’s. You can contact him through BF. Otherwise search his name to find one of his postings, and post in thread to contact him.

ambulance830 likes this.
  7. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    I don't want to out TRfromMT's email here but I will send him an email with the link to this thread, he can post it if he wants.

I have one of his knives here now with custom scales and can attest he does some amazing work!

Hard Knocks and duramax like this.
  8. ambulance830

Dec 16, 2012
    I was able to get ahold of him! Do you have any pictures of your knife?

9. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    Cool!

It's not my knife, it's his knife here for a sheath.

10. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
  11. kniferMan

kniferMan Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I made these for my personal use :D. In the process of making another set with the same material for a friend. I might explore with some other material next time. I've made my own micarta before too our of jeans. It's a lot of work but looks sweet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

duramax, Hard Knocks and MacLaren1 like this.
  12. ambulance830

Dec 16, 2012

Nice! Those are awesome! Good work! I decided I am going to try my hand at making my own. So we'll see how it goes.

13. kniferMan

kniferMan Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Thanks! Yeah, it's a lot of work but it's well worth it. Good luck and be sure to post pics