Busse handles

Since the custom shop isn't taking on new work, does anybody make custom knife handles for busse knives?

Josh at REK is the first one to pop up in my mind.
You can always drill out the tubes and replace with torx screws and then get your own handle material and give it a go.
Hope this helps.

I'll check him out. And yeah I was thinking about doing it myself. I have all the tools available to make new ones. Idk why I'm reluctant to do so.

Those are nice handles! I'll try to get ahold of him! Or if anyone knows his contact info?
If you get a gold membership or at least one with pm’s. You can contact him through BF. Otherwise search his name to find one of his postings, and post in thread to contact him.

I don't want to out TRfromMT's email here but I will send him an email with the link to this thread, he can post it if he wants.

I have one of his knives here now with custom scales and can attest he does some amazing work!

I don't want to out TRfromMT's email here but I will send him an email with the link to this thread, he can post it if he wants.

I have one of his knives here now with custom scales and can attest he does some amazing work!
I was able to get ahold of him! Do you have any pictures of your knife?

Cool!

It's not my knife, it's his knife here for a sheath.

I made these for my personal use :D. In the process of making another set with the same material for a friend. I might explore with some other material next time. I've made my own micarta before too our of jeans. It's a lot of work but looks sweet.

G0agAmP.jpg

Yks5J2x.jpg

I made these for my personal use :D. In the process of making another set with the same material for a friend. I might explore with some other material next time. I've made my own micarta before too our of jeans. It's a lot of work but looks sweet.

G0agAmP.jpg

Yks5J2x.jpg

Nice! Those are awesome! Good work! I decided I am going to try my hand at making my own. So we'll see how it goes.

Any advice on shaping the handles? I roughed it in on the Bridgeport but getting it to size with the belt sander seems like it's not working well enough. 80 grit isn't doing much to it. I need a better cover for my face. Was thinking of switching to a wooden handle perhaps.

wow, really nice. what kind of wood is that?

Yeah he makes great handles !! I believe he uses a variety of materials. I don’t know what is used in the picture. You’d have to shoot him a PM.

Yeah he makes great handles !! I believe he uses a variety of materials. I don’t know what is used in the picture. You’d have to shoot him a PM.

I might do that. I love wood handles.

I might do that. I love wood handles.

He’s done some amazing handles.

I’ve been thinking about contacting him for some myself. I have a SOB that AzTim put his finish on, I was thinking some curly maple would look great :)

I actually contacted TRZfromMT a few weeks ago. He only works with wood, no micarta or g10 and he wasn't interested in putting wood handles on my busse. Which is fine. He's the craftsman. I think some nice wood handles would have been different. Sent my knifes to AzTim. Gave up on wrestling with micarta myself. I'll just stick to my leather work.

Last edited:

G0agAmP.jpg

Yks5J2x.jpg
You wouldn't have this sjtac for sale would.. this is sweet!

Back