Busse Knife Group FUN

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Amy-0, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Amy-0

Amy-0 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mar 8, 2006
    “While rearranging some machinery and cleaning out, what my Mom referred to as every "Nook and Cranny" in the shop, we came across a ridiculous number of finished and semi-finished blades that are leftover from years of special runs. Many of these were made for different groups, teams, and others. Most of these overruns are extremely small in number but there should be quite a few to choose from over the coming months.

In 1969, my family bought the 40 acres on which the Busse Combat Compound now sits. My Mom named it "Nook and Cranny Farm". This year marks the 50th anniversary of this land being in the Busse name.” Jerry Busse July 16th 2019.

In a meeting we All started talking about funny Busse Knife Group moments at shows, at the shop and just overall moments that are special to US. We talked about some of the “Swag” (I like to call it “SwHOG”) Anyhoo, long story short the lovely ladies in the office and the shipping crew decided to “Clean and Explore” :D

We found a lot of Vintage Treasures and Jerry the coolest Boss man in the land said “put them in random boxes when you ship orders”
    This is why I love Jerry Busse and Busse Knife Group. He is the Willy Wonka of knives.
    Just wanted to let everyone know when you rip open your box you never know what’s inside (Awesome blade of course) but you might find “a golden ticket” of Busse nostalgia.
    Happy Wednesday and something to read while we wait for 9:00 pm for the Ganza!!!!

Btw Jerry is gonna LOVE my PINK font LOL Bahahahahaahaha.:):p
    XOXO
    Amy-0:cool:

2. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2011
    A little pink never hurt anybody....

:p

3. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Ooh! Amy-0!
    Hope there's some SwHOG in my AR box!

I really wish I'd been around when "Skunk Junk" made it into Company Store orders... Heard tales of some interesting items being in orders.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Ironkid883 and lmcq784 like this.
  4. Dangerneck

Dangerneck Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2012
    You guys! That is awesome. This is what Christmas must be like for ninjas. Love it.

5. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    That is super cool! This is just another example of why, Busse has the best customer service in the world!

I hope y’all post pics of your SwHOG. I sure will, if I’m lucky enough to get some!

Ironkid883 likes this.
  6. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Oct 17, 2015
    How cool is that.:thumbsup:
    Just got opportunity to pick up NFNO From the factory. Cant wait to see it.

Amy-0 likes this.
  7. Amy-0

Mar 8, 2006
    Skunk Junk was funny. Sometime marbles, lint, rubber bands, and other fun stuff.
    I can't wait to see pictures of "Golden Tickets" SwHog, SwDog, and SwRat. WHOO HOOO. Super excited.

Ironkid883 and evltcat like this.
  8. Amy-0

Mar 8, 2006

Makael likes this.
  9. Amy-0

Mar 8, 2006
    If you are on a waiting list you NEVER know.
    XOXO

Makael likes this.
  10. INFIBlackhole

INFIBlackhole

Jul 16, 2008
    Can we just order a mystery box?

curdog likes this.
  11. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    My box was bigger than normal yesterday :D ~ I asked Garth "Wth?" He shrugged, "I don't know man, I just deliver what I'm told" LOLO!!! Thanks Amy! :thumbsup:

I heard some tales of the "SkunkJunk" .... pretty funny stuff

12. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Oct 17, 2015
    The email was a surprise. Knee deep in work and incoming mail broke the day up perfectly.
    Great surprise. Ty NFNO.! Should go great with the Badger.

13. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Wait a minute... SwHOGs?

[​IMG]

Jerry's obviously the one with the mustache, but which one's Garth?

DamascusBowie, dman62 and evltcat like this.
  14. silverbullets

silverbullets Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Epstein is definitely Garth LOL

15. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Awesome Busse Crew!

16. resinguy

resinguy

Feb 19, 2006
    Don't forget cat hair. Member tonyG (miss that guy) had a Maine Coon, brushed a lot of hair off it and gave it to skunk, who then included clumps in his Busse Store shipments.

evltcat likes this.
  17. honorearth

honorearth Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 29, 2016
    That is awesome of you all and a great way to rope us all back into placing more orders. I know I want to find a golden ticket.

Ironkid883 likes this.
  18. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    It wasn't pink, but I seem to remember red lip prints on at least one knife - do you know anything about that? ;):D (maybe it was Kassi?)

19. Ironkid883

Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    Wow sounds awesome

20. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Cool. 20190803_014449.jpg