Busses and Guns

I noticed in the Hinderer section here there is a Hinderers and guns picture thread so I think we need a busses and guns picture thread, who is with me?
These are from a hike with my GHB this a.m.

Reactions: T90
I can ID the long arm and the Busse, but the Glock?...;-)

Thanks. I have the G23 on my hip as I type this at the local library...;-)

Busse knives are burly knarly heavy duty tools. Picturing them next to plastic guns seems like an odd pairing. Better to pair a Busse with a Ruger Bisley or a Freedom Arms Casull.

I disagree. Firearm polymer is glass-filled nylon, and G10 handle scales are glass-filled resin. Both have steel and fiberglass in a carrier. More later. My hunting partner just arrived.

Looks wise, the Glock is closer to a Becker. But I own six Glocks; one Becker; and 22 Bussekins. Go figure...;-)

The revolver is far and away the more intricate mechanism, in that the chamber comes out of alignment with the barrel *every shot* and must index back up perfectly or it won't fire or will cause a catastrophic failure if it does. If you think a pistol with only 27 total parts, a stress-indestructible flexible frame, and a rustproof metal coating akin in hardness to industrial diamond is not a rugged tool, I don't see how. You may prefer the looks of the revolver, but tougher it ain't.

Busse knives are burly knarly heavy duty tools. Picturing them next to plastic guns seems like an odd pairing. Better to pair a Busse with a Ruger Bisley or a Freedom Arms Casull.

Feel free to post some pics of your wheel guns and busses. But I don't intend for this to be a pissing contest about what guns are better suited to pair with busses, simply an example of what firearm you enjoy with your Busse.back to the pic thread

HG-55 with my marlin 1895sgbl

No particular reason for the pairings...........they are just photos I have loaded up on photo sharing site.

031_zpsa44df096.jpg

pythonAMS_zpsd571fc97.jpg

Sweet python! What is the gun in the top pic? Does it have interchangeable barrels? My AMS should be here soon that double cut finish looks nice

Last edited:
Is that an Irwindale original 44 Automag??!! Awesome Score if it is...:thumbup:

Sweet python! What is the gun in the top pic? Does it have interchangeable barrels? My AMS should be here soon that double cut finish looks nice
.475 Wildey Magnum. I only have the one barrel, but I believe additional barrel lengths and calibers can be ordered.

Just something about the python that brings a smile to my face. Sweet iron so far guys. Keep the pics comin.

Garth

The revolver is far and away the more intricate mechanism, in that the chamber comes out of alignment with the barrel *every shot* and must index back up perfectly or it won't fire or will cause a catastrophic failure if it does. If you think a pistol with only 27 total parts, a stress-indestructible flexible frame, and a rustproof metal coating akin in hardness to industrial diamond is not a rugged tool, I don't see how. You may prefer the looks of the revolver, but tougher it ain't.

But…… but a revolver might make for a better billy club in a pinch….. ;)

It's not that there are more or less parts, it's that a semi-auto moves the cartridge around internally during the firing cycle, like a little assembly line. More different kinds of failures can happen along the way.

.475 Wildey Magnum. I only have the one barrel, but I believe additional barrel lengths and calibers can be ordered.

Now we have to have a pic of that round with a Busse and some rounds of common calibers for us common folk to see what your working with

Not really two that go together but here is a TGLB and S&W m&p 340 for the wheel gun fans

Excellent revolver, Nemesis. I own a S&W 442, great for conceal carry.

Now for my contribution (sorry for the size, not sure how to make it bigger):

IMG_0079.jpg

There are several things the Busse MBC and the Ruger Sp101 have in common. In addition to both being made in the great US of A and being nearly indestructible. I have a nearly uncontrollable desire to purchase every one in sight! :D Then again, I could say that of most small frame .38/.357 revolvers. Heck, even my license plate is WHLGUN! :eek::D

I say "nearly uncontrollable," because there is one over on the bay that I'll forever refuse to purchase on principle alone because of the seller's poor reputation from this forum.

Last edited:
Back