Busses and Guns

14b6zq8.jpg

My first nmsfno... I love it.

Wow is that an old school contender?

Here's mine with my gossman.
View attachment 876196
Yes Sir. Early 80's - 14" 45-70 w/muzzle tamer and old skool Pro-Point. It's the only thing I found light enough that won't sheer off the base screws using Contender loadings. Those are the hand hammers, 405gr loaded to TC specs- not those candy ass off the shelf 325gr loads. I use those for the first timers, save these for the stud chest puffers~ I hate these things only because I know how much they hurt LOLO!!! - I had the stock grips like yours, one time though, all that was left in my hand were pieces of those wood ones and the gun a couple feet behind me. I love the Rynite though, unbreakable. Got a shit load of barrels but this is the Thunder stick :D

I don’t think I’m allowed to directly post pictures.... so here’s the link to a short gallery

https://imgur.com/gallery/Zto9X

I don't think there are any limits on who can post pictures. It's not like you're asking about prices or or surreptitiously trying to sell something or anything like that.

Does that SPAS-12 still have the lever safety that can make it go bang when you don't mean it to?

I've been meaning to get mine fixed, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I contacted Franchi several years ago, but they said they'd been through a bankruptcy (and maybe an acquisition) and no longer supply the recall kits. But I found a place that will do it for 200 bucks. It's a lot cheaper than getting sued if you ever sell it and someone accidentally blows a hand off or worse.

Sorry about the PSA. SPAS-12 is one of the coolest shotguns ever, but it has a design defect that every SPAS-12 owner should know about and know how to get it fixed (if it isn't already).

I don't think there are any limits on who can post pictures. It's not like you're asking about prices or or surreptitiously trying to sell something or anything like that.

Does that SPAS-12 still have the lever safety that can make it go bang when you don't mean it to?

I've been meaning to get mine fixed, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I contacted Franchi several years ago, but they said they'd been through a bankruptcy (and maybe an acquisition) and no longer supply the recall kits. But I found a place that will do it for 200 bucks. It's a lot cheaper than getting sued if you ever sell it and someone accidentally blows a hand off or worse.

Sorry about the PSA. SPAS-12 is one of the coolest shotguns ever, but it has a design defect that every SPAS-12 owner should know about and know how to get it fixed (if it isn't already).
Yes! I haven't even considered getting mine fixed since I like keeping things as original as possible, but I do want to get a replacement rear sling point.

Back