Busses and Guns

Thanks. It was meant to be about the knives though :) JK. Stealth is great.

Sarsquatch + Savage Hog Hunter (.308) with Leupold fixed 4X and Harris bipod.
LnSj5rv.jpg

vfef5a5.jpg

Truth be told, these days it's gym shorts and a T-shirt. Business Casual at my shop is them long pants, belt optional :thumbsup:

I have all three of them now, manual safety edition, NRA Edition (no safety) and XL. I remember you and others telling me about them but didn't do anything until a couple of months ago when I started comparing the numbers, hard to beat on the size to firepower ratio. The new Springfield Hellcat beats it by one round but it's bigger on paper.

Kenneth, what are those ASH1 variants? I’ve never seen them before.
View attachment 1268224

Tyrade83, thanks for the interest! No variants there, but yep, they are different - home mods by yours truly.

Top is in fact an ASH-1, of course. Skinny. Started out coated. I stripped her, polished the edges, "melted down" the choil, slow ground a thumb rest, took the grips way down and countered for me, and just a week or two ago finally gave her a comp'ish finish up to 1000 grit and stoned her to a razor's edge.

Bottom is a SOB Prototype that I wanted to pair with it. I absolutely hated the brick grip texture and it had too much belly in the handle for my hands, so I took the slabs down a good bit, reduced the grip belly, and contered 'em like the ASH, slow ground in an ASH-like choil and bird-beaked the pommel to match best I could since I could not get two talons in there, and gave her a matching thumb ramp. Polished the edges and melted the choil like the ASH.

They make a great field pair for me!

Tyrade83, thanks for the interest! No variants there, but yep, they are different - home mods by yours truly.

Top is in fact an ASH-1, of course. Skinny. Started out coated. I stripped her, polished the edges, "melted down" the choil, slow ground a thumb rest, took the grips way down and countered for me, and just a week or two ago finally gave her a comp'ish finish up to 1000 grit and stoned her to a razor's edge.

Bottom is a SOB Prototype that I wanted to pair with it. I absolutely hated the brick grip texture and it had too much belly in the handle for my hands, so I took the slabs down a good bit, reduced the grip belly, and contered 'em like the ASH, slow ground in an ASH-like choil and bird-beaked the pommel to match best I could since I could not get two talons in there, and gave her a matching thumb ramp. Polished the edges and melted the choil like the ASH.

They make a great field pair for me!

Nice work, they look awesome. I didn’t even notice that the bottom one was smaller. I’m a shameless unrepentant modder myself.

A765CD86-FDA9-4B44-9769-0855DD5BC278.jpeg

This is my skinny ASH that I gave some original SH touches to. Stripped, satined, made black linen scales for mounted with stainless corby bolts. One of my favorite knives to use.

This is my skinny ASH that I gave some original SH touches to. Stripped, satined, made black linen scales for mounted with stainless corby bolts. One of my favorite knives to use.

Very kind of you, Sir. I guess I am pretty unrepentant by this point, myself. Nice work, fellow modder!
I had to look hard to tell that was a Skinny ASH and not a twin SH. 3-bolt and shallow saber grind notwithstanding. Great satin and beautiful home-custom slabs and bolt work. I am humbled in your presence! Not to mention the sweet revolver and pistol(s) (gotta keep it on-topic!).

Yeah, the Skinny ASH -1 is a fantastic user and light enough to hump off trail for as far as you like, IMHO. I did not go full-on satin cuz I beat her like I stole her. But I bet you do all the same.

This past year have let’s say had several hog opportunities. These 45/70s have been very hard to find the past several years. Finally found one. Just mounted the scope, got to get her zeroed in. Got a Ranger Point side gate and cnc mag follower coming tomorrow. Planning on putting one of their medium loop lever on it as well.
5p52FjA.jpg

Ridqzr0.jpg

Back