Busses and Whisky

It's Thursday so it's the day before "New Scotch Friday" for me~ technically I could skip a week since I haven't opened that Oogadoll (<-easy spell version?) I also just went back through this thread and had some laughs. I feel like I've moved up a bit from total dumbazz to kind of getting a feel of the terrain. I have an idea what to expect from a sherry cask to a Islay peat. The most amazing observation on the path so far being single malts, meaning all barley and this amazing spectrum that is possible with a single grain, it's fascinating science!
So I don't know what tomorrow will bring but after reviewing this back to front there's been so much amazing discussion that has helped a lot.
I was interested in comments on the Highland Park- could've swore someone posted some pics of their collectors editions. One that I recently read about was HP Ice and curious if anyone had tried it? It's stupid expensive from what I can gather but it also sounds amazing. But coming back down to reality, there's so much more for me to try for much less.
So tomorrow, I may throw in an Irish, RB12? maybe Green spot? idk, and explore the "special" section just for kicks. I'm leaning towards another sherry cask and I really like these cask strength offerings. Maybe it's because I dig the Aberlour so much.

That was me. I still have half the bottle of ice and finished fire. Fire was not worth tge money. But ice is worth it.

That was me. I still have half the bottle of ice and finished fire. Fire was not worth tge money. But ice is worth it.
I was pretty sure that was you. I didn't have a clue what I was looking at at that point so I wasn't able to appreciate it's position. I guess, first I would have to find that Ice and I'm going to see if I can scope out that Bowmore Devils cask. Haven't forgotten about that Signet either and still considering the D'OR ~ gonna have both at some point that I'm sure of.
Pretty sure I'd sell a kidney to be able to sleep in your garage for a weekend Cobalt - that would be Disneyland right about now for me.

I was pretty sure that was you. I didn't have a clue what I was looking at at that point so I wasn't able to appreciate it's position. I guess, first I would have to find that Ice and I'm going to see if I can scope out that Bowmore Devils cask. Haven't forgotten about that Signet either and still considering the D'OR ~ gonna have both at some point that I'm sure of.
Pretty sure I'd sell a kidney to be able to sleep in your garage for a weekend Cobalt - that would be Disneyland right about now for me.

You are always welcome. There is lots more you haven seen. 150 open bottles.

Teach us, master.
Yeah no :poop: Last week when I was in the liquor store I was thinking. "Damn, I wish I had Cobalt or Currawong's number so I could irritate them them for a minute HAHA!
Jesus Mary, 150 open bottles HAHA! I think I just walk in and slap down 5 bones and say "Entertain me" LOL! ~ OK Cobalt` do you have Macallan M? If you say yes you win official "Whisky God" status, but you pretty much have it anyway brother.

Yeah no :poop: Last week when I was in the liquor store I was thinking. "Damn, I wish I had Cobalt or Currawong's number so I could irritate them them for a minute HAHA!
Jesus Mary, 150 open bottles HAHA! I think I just walk in and slap down 5 bones and say "Entertain me" LOL! ~ OK Cobalt` do you have Macallan M? If you say yes you win official "Whisky God" status, but you pretty much have it anyway brother.

I don’t know much, i just hang out with people who do. Best way to learn, plus its cheaper :D

Sorry, no macallan M, but reflexion and oscuro. Oh and Exceptional cask. Not sue you heard of that one, but it is better than all the rest.

PBg61Bl.jpg

oh and cognacs are good to

rlxJ0ld.jpg

Well it was a 2-fer today just because I'm so easily persuaded~ Got the Glenmorangie Nectar D'or and it was on sale. Just had the first glass of it and I my first impressions are underwhelming,. I give it marks for being a pleasant drinker, pretty smooth but it's early yet. It really is true that it can be different from 1 day to the next based on what you've had to eat, time of day and things like that. It's tasty, got some sweetness to it and it's pretty good.
But I also cracked open that Oogadal earlier today and wow! That was something else! a sweet smokey peat and a lot more interesting than the basic Ardbeg 10. that was a good pick!
Oh, and this buddy here, came on high recommendation from a guy I know around here that's well versed in the spirits who took a hankering for it ;) ~

D'or.jpg

Well it was a 2-fer today just because I'm so easily persuaded~ Got the Glenmorangie Nectar D'or and it was on sale. Just had the first glass of it and I my first impressions are underwhelming,. I give it marks for being a pleasant drinker, pretty smooth but it's early yet. It really is true that it can be different from 1 day to the next based on what you've had to eat, time of day and things like that. It's tasty, got some sweetness to it and it's pretty good.
But I also cracked open that Oogadal earlier today and wow! That was something else! a sweet smokey peat and a lot more interesting than the basic Ardbeg 10. that was a good pick!
Oh, and this buddy here, came on high recommendation from a guy I know around here that's well versed in the spirits who took a hankering for it ;) ~

View attachment 1160962

Very nice. I am going over to a buddies house and planning on drinking his Boss Hog black prince. Also his william larue weller.

Oh wow~ just tasting this Pendleton - wow~ really smooth and a flavor right off the bat, butterscotch? It's buttery something. This flavor I have not found in any Scotch, no where close. Now I'm a whisky dummy, my entire whisky experience is all right here in this thread so I don't know what's distinct between Irish to Canadian to whatever. Rum, tequila, gin, Everclear, Tennessee mason jars yeah, traveled all those roads a lot but bourbon, can't stand it makes me gag, hate the sht but this is quite interesting.

lVExoi3.jpg

Hmmm.... Still thinking about this one.
Lot of heat, some smoke and peat, lots of spice.
I'm a fan of the Kilchoman. One of their special editions is the first bottle my friend brought back to me after she visited Scotland. She would always get me something that wasn't readily available in the USA.

I tried a Lagavulin 16YO afterward, The Lagavulin tasted similar, but with something missing. Wasn't expecting that.

The slightly lower abv of the lag 16 kinda dulls it a bit. It would be twice as good as it is, if it was 46% instead of 43%. Higher abv does help. If you have the lag 12 year cask strength, mix it in a glass with the 16 and you will see how the mix is amazing.

Back