Busses and Whisky

So I purchased batch 56 about 24 months ago and it had been out a bit. So I am guessing maybe 3 to 4 batches per year max? I thunk they are up to the mid 60's now.

I recently found two bottles of batch 52.

My current bottle is batch 59. I think the earlier ones I had were a little better, but since they're gone, I can't do a side-by-side. I think the ones I saw in the store recently were in the 60s.

Maybe I just liked it better before they realized they could charge more than $50 a bottle. And maybe it's time to try the Macallan Classic Cut or Glenfarclas 105 since they're all in about the same price range now.

BTW- the A'bunadh Wikipedia page lists the batches with release date and ABV numbers.

IMGP7930800600.jpg

IMGP6901800.jpg

Gress Gress ~ That CS TG is so beautiful man ~ that's to die for :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

So I had a first today! After more than a dozen different single malts I re-bought 1 of them because I like it so much! I've learned enough to this point that 1 I just love-love and will probably always enjoy opening is the Aberlour A'bunadh! I wanted to try a different batch but no telling how long that may be and who knows, the next run may not bring the same thrill this one does - Any of you remember the first bottle that when it was gone you knew you liked it enough to grab another? Pretty safe to say this one will always be in the rack. I've killed a few bottles already and they're kind of forgotten already but not this one :D

my first abunadh was batch 24. I was hooked.

But the first bottle was the old macallan cask strength. Started out as a 10 year, then went to nas and was still awesome. Now it's gone.

bq6vxGC.jpg

The Macallan Edition 4 is quite nice. Not the sherry-bomb that is a'bunadh, or a peat-plower like Laphroaig, but a very finely crafted whisky. Nobody does The Macallan like The Macallan.

my first abunadh was batch 24. I was hooked.

But the first bottle was the old macallan cask strength. Started out as a 10 year, then went to nas and was still awesome. Now it's gone.

bq6vxGC.jpg

What happened to the butt of that shbm? :eek:

The Macallan Edition 4 is quite nice. Not the sherry-bomb that is a'bunadh, or a peat-plower like Laphroaig, but a very finely crafted whisky. Nobody does The Macallan like The Macallan.

My favorite edition is 2, but 4 is nice.

Lol. That was funny. Now let the lag 12 sit for a long time. There will come a time when the relatively weak abv of Lag 16 will finally hit you and you will realize that anything under 45 is like coors lite or water. You will then come to realize how good lag 12 is.

I expect you're right. I didn't really like the peaty stuff until about the time I turned 50. Before that, I mostly stuck to Bourbon or Rye, and if I was going to have Scotch, it would probably be Macallan. Now it's mostly Lagavulin or Laphroaig, or for something less peaty, Aberlour A'bunadh and occasionally Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or. And, of course, Bourbon and Rye, but mainly Rye. Tastes change, I guess, except to the extent they stay the same.

I expect you're right. I didn't really like the peaty stuff until about the time I turned 50. Before that, I mostly stuck to Bourbon or Rye, and if I was going to have Scotch, it would probably be Macallan. Now it's mostly Lagavulin or Laphroaig, or for something less peaty, Aberlour A'bunadh and occasionally Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or. And, of course, Bourbon and Rye, but mainly Rye. Tastes change, I guess, except to the extent they stay the same.

I am really liking the ryes. My favorite right now is pikesville. But I really like the one from Colorado 291 distillery.

New addition this week - Glenmorangie Lasanta ~ First impressions are this has some wonderful new notes! It's more interesting than I was expecting but I should have learned by now not to have expectations and to let it be what it will be. The first sense on the nose was butterscotch and some nuts - Really cool!

I also snagged something cool, Nikka Roku gin~ For me Gin goes with so many things and probably one of my first true spirit loves - But I'm biased, "Cold Gin" was kind of a theme song for party time in my youth :D Gin lemon 7's were a staple nectar LOL! ~ It was funny, when I put it on the counter at checkout the guy ringing me up started going on how awesome it was and so glad they were carrying it now - So got my expectations up. Then he started going on about Nikka whisky. Apparently, highly appreciated.

Nikka is excellent whisky. I like all of their expressions up to the 17 year. Have not had the 21. My favorite Nikka, however, is "From the Barrel" love it.

Hosting a scotch and cigars event at my place tonight. It is typically BYODrink, but I always like to put stuff out so people can try something different.

Y9CxaXT.jpg

9cSQJLv.jpg

Back