Busses and Whisky

The 3rd bottle over of the Pappys, The Weller CYPB and Boss Hogs were the only no-gos. The rest, well they started to get blurry after 3 hours. But at least I got to dip into the Pappys a bit, a true enthusiast. He was all about getting everyone to try all the brews.

Leonardo,

I want you to follow these instructions to the letter.

I want you to put all of those bottles in a box and stand out at the end of your driveway. Garth and Squatch will be by in a few to black bag you and get your "Box O' Booze" to my office. :thumbsup: :cool:

Once we've emptied all of the bottles we will return you to your driveway. :cool: It should only take about an hour. . .:thumbsup: Garth is concerned that you might get too cold. . . . I suppose we could leave the truck running :confused:. . . . . but I'm not sure that it has a heated bed!!! :eek: :confused: o_O

See you in a few!!! :cool:

Let's Drink!!! :cool:

Jerry :D

And you didn't call me before I left for work? could've been a great day man....:D

View attachment 1257022 Was gifted this for Christmas by my parents. I'm going to crack it open tomorrow evening with a couple close friends around our traditional NYE bonfire.
Whoa Whoa Whoa! .... I completely missed this the first time as I was inebriated at the time but lets back the ... up a second- Lets look at this knife and go "Ooooh... Ahhhhh" - This is an old, old slice of Busse'ness - I for one need more! Part of me wants to say original SK, but I know that's wrong as I've seen a lot of classic SK's- So what is this piece of Busse Lore and what's the story on it???? ....

open it, drink a small portion of it and then put it away in the back of the cabinet. Liquors do oxidize in the bottle and most actually get better with time in the bottle. Some get worse but that is rare. I had the exact same thing happen with Balvenie 15 year single sherry cask. Most are great. I got one that was so dark you could not see through it. I opened it and I got nothing but Sulphur(rubber band taste). I put it away for several months and when I went back to it, it was delicious. Will that happen with batch 64 abunadh, I don't know for sure, but it could. I am still working on batches 52, 53, 54, and 56.

How would you rank the 52, 53, 54, and 56? The big local liquor store only has the 64s, but a couple smaller ones still have a few in the 50s. And it's getting to be about time for another bottle.

52 and 53 are equal and 54 and 56 are very close. 52 and 53 are better than anything that came after.

Whoa Whoa Whoa! .... I completely missed this the first time as I was inebriated at the time but lets back the ... up a second- Lets look at this knife and go "Ooooh... Ahhhhh" - This is an old, old slice of Busse'ness - I for one need more! Part of me wants to say original SK, but I know that's wrong as I've seen a lot of classic SK's- So what is this piece of Busse Lore and what's the story on it???? ....

It is a SK. A very old A2 one. One of the 3 A2 ones as far as I know. I’m definitely not the original owner. Just the caretaker of it for now. I’ll see if I can dig up more pics.

It is a SK. A very old A2 one. One of the 3 A2 ones as far as I know. I’m definitely not the original owner. Just the caretaker of it for now. I’ll see if I can dig up more pics.
Just WOW! ... Love to know more about this one. It is so SK'ish except it's sort of not which is why I said to myself I don't think so. Super cool!!!

I sent you a PM Leo, so we don’t derail the thread too much.

A pic to bring us back on track :thumbsup::cool:
View attachment 1259265
OK, now that looks like the classic original SK I'm more familiar with`~ but THAT one is again, a Very Very special one am I right? It has the recurve edge, that's what threw me off on your other one.
This I absolutely know for sure~ I will drink to that pair!!! Salute! with a crispy Glendronach 12 :D :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers to that!

I haven't tried Glendronach. I'll have to see if I can find any up here.

That's an SHBM variant on the left. A snakeskin Jungle Assault Straight Handle Battle Mistress aka JASHBM. I can't recall how many there are, maybe 6 with snake and 10 with black canvas. Could be wrong though. On the other side is an original Steel Heart in ATS-34, now known as an SH1 since they were the first ones.

Cheers to that!

I haven't tried Glendronach. I'll have to see if I can find any up here.

That's an SHBM variant on the left. A snakeskin Jungle Assault Straight Handle Battle Mistress aka JASHBM. I can't recall how many there are, maybe 6 with snake and 10 with black canvas. Could be wrong though. On the other side is an original Steel Heart in ATS-34, now known as an SH1 since they were the first ones.
OK, another fail LOL! A recurve SHBM LOL! ~ still a rare baby- I knew SH though-
So Glendronach 12... So I got this a few weeks back. I'd picked up some really exciting good stuff around the same time and I didn't really give this one a impartial look at first. since then, I've put a little effort into studying this all alone and I've got to say, I must correct a previous statement, I will buy this one again. I find myself faced with a decision when I have the hankerin for a drink and I'll survey my stash - "What's on tonight? oak? sherry cask? campfire? fruity complexity? mocha chocolate? spicy grass rye? ... I find myself grabbing this glen when I feel like a spicy oak barrel mood is the call. It's one I can see about always having on hand. I think it's also an easy find and it's not expensive, $40-50 I think?

OK, another fail LOL! A recurve SHBM LOL! ~ still a rare baby- I knew SH though-
So Glendronach 12... So I got this a few weeks back. I'd picked up some really exciting good stuff around the same time and I didn't really give this one a impartial look at first. since then, I've put a little effort into studying this all alone and I've got to say, I must correct a previous statement, I will buy this one again. I find myself faced with a decision when I have the hankerin for a drink and I'll survey my stash - "What's on tonight? oak? sherry cask? campfire? fruity complexity? mocha chocolate? spicy grass rye? ... I find myself grabbing this glen when I feel like a spicy oak barrel mood is the call. It's one I can see about always having on hand. I think it's also an easy find and it's not expensive, $40-50 I think?

I’ll have to grab a bottle next time I’m at the candy store. I pretty much just stick to JD day to day, but when I go grab a bottle I’ll also usually grab one of something I’ve never tried before. Try to expand my horizons a bit. Haven’t found very many that I didn’t like. A cigar and a campfire go well with damn near anything.

That reminds me, need to grab another bottle of Laddie- I enjoyed it so much it went so fast, I never even got a photo of it with a blade! I've gotten a new blade since then worth making an appointment at the Busse's&Whisky Studio for :D

Back