Busses and Whisky

Keep in mind, when you have to imagine owning/handling/fondling/using the JH10 or KlinkHammer right now, you can imagine it to be as good as you want it to be, as comfortable as you can imagine it to be, as awesome as you want it to be..... Just not unimaginably so, like how I'm expecting the actual thing to be...

Good seeds to plant Vanhash~These were marked down to the point I couldn't resist. I decided to "Take the Black" first since I haven't had an Oban yet. Oban Bay Reserve - WOW! This is tasty! I think this is going on my "will buy again" list for sure. It's rare that I go there with the first couple sips :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1353876

Unfortunately my oban is gone. I have quite the stash of the Lagavulin and Talisker though. I really enjoyed the Oban while it lasted has some nice oaky smokey finish to it. The lagavulin is very smokey/Peaty and pretty sweet. After leaving the glass for a bit you smell banana. The smoke really sticks with you and has a long finish. I'm planning on enjoying some lag tonight. I really recommend finding the talisker if you can get it at a decent price. It's a great whisky and does an amazing job representing house greyjoy.

Keep in mind, when you have to imagine owning/handling/fondling/using the JH10 or KlinkHammer right now, you can imagine it to be as good as you want it to be, as comfortable as you can imagine it to be, as awesome as you want it to be..... Just not unimaginably so, like how I'm expecting the actual thing to be...
That made zero sense but I agree.

Until I see pictures in a pair of sammich snatchers I wont be satisfied.

Unfortunately my oban is gone. I have quite the stash of the Lagavulin and Talisker though. I really enjoyed the Oban while it lasted has some nice oaky smokey finish to it. The lagavulin is very smokey/Peaty and pretty sweet. After leaving the glass for a bit you smell banana. The smoke really sticks with you and has a long finish. I'm planning on enjoying some lag tonight. I really recommend finding the talisker if you can get it at a decent price. It's a great whisky and does an amazing job representing house greyjoy.
Yeah I'm so glad you planted those seeds or I wouldn't have discovered this Oban - Talisker (of any kind) is another I have not had. Looked at it a dozen times, so I guess I will look for it this weekend on Scotch Shoppin Saturday. I think it's also there. I went there today and grabbed the LAST 2 bottles of Oban for Imcq that I'm shipping to him tomorrow. They had rearranged the shelf and there's several others so I will take your advice again. I hit the L9 up last night, Very Very good! It's not 16, but man, it's still good for when the smokey peat Islay mood hits ya! I would take this over either of the Laphroaig or Ardbeg 10's anyday.
And yes, there's a lot to discover in this Oban~having a glass as I type this, damn fine dram! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DwXCP5B.jpg

The Oban is on my list for another round when I find some more at close out. It seems most places want to get rid of it since it's over a year old and a "limited edition" base on a series that's over.

I haven't tried the 10 yr yet. I had the storm as my first take, then the distillers edition, and the GOT talisker. How did you like the 10 yr?

Whatever a house on 1 acre with a well and a hand pump for drinking water costs.

Plus a fence of some sort
Raised beds for gardening
A chicken coop
Chickens for said coop
Shovel
Hammer
F16

The list goes on.

500 million dollars

Whatever a house on 1 acre with a well and a hand pump for drinking water costs.

Plus a fence of some sort
Raised beds for gardening
A chicken coop
Chickens for said coop
Shovel
Hammer
F16

The list goes on.

500 million dollars
So like $150 to 250k

I haven't tried the 10 yr yet. I had the storm as my first take, then the distillers edition, and the GOT talisker. How did you like the 10 yr?
I've had a lot of 10 and 12 year olds over the course and being my first Talisker I have to admit, I waited too long to grab one. It is certainly nothing like a Speyside 10 year old. This make those seem shallow and pale even a Highland say like a Glenmorangie 10 for example. Lot of body and character all it's own. I will be snagging up all the Tali's I can come across for a bit. I dusted off a couple pours just now and I have to say :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back