Busses and Whisky

At least I now know what a Weller bourbon looks like. Another one that I've never seen in person (been looking for close to a year now, probably).

It has gotten hard to get. The weller special reserve still pops up from time to time. If you have a Total wine near you, they get it once or twice a year. And they sell it at a reasonable price.

It has gotten hard to get. The weller special reserve still pops up from time to time. If you have a Total wine near you, they get it once or twice a year. And they sell it at a reasonable price.
That is my biggest problem (or maybe the only thing that's saving my liver). I don't have one anywhere nearby.

I make do with the local make, ol no 7! The JD distillery is only an hour from me, and they actually have a barrel manufacturing facility in my town.

Me and the lady both enjoy it.

I make do with the local make, ol no 7! The JD distillery is only an hour from me, and they actually have a barrel manufacturing facility in my town.

Me and the lady both enjoy it.
I very much enjoy ol no. 7 myself! Cheers to you sir!

With all the chatter about bluing I wanted to break out the TGA2 and have a look and she's amazing as the day I did it if not better actually.
Better than that, first trip to a different store I'd discounted that blew me away with a great selection in a small place and a couple new snags!

JW18.jpg

I happened upon this little feller and couldn't pass on it for a cheap price.
First impressions? Leave it in the barrel and it will be Ardbeg.....just not quite yet. To be fair, I followed up that 18yr with this....maybe shouldn't have done thatl
And also today, snagged Tamdu Sherry bomb :D

ArdbegWee.jpg

OFF TOPIC -- Somebody gave me a bottle of that tequila with George Clooney's signature on the label (Casamigos Blanco). Much as I hate to admit it, it doesn't suck. Worse still, it's pretty damn good.

Been drinking the George Clooney tequila again. The Van Winkle Rye, Laphroaig, and even Lagavulin just aren't doing it for me these days. I'm afraid I'm being drawn to the Garth side.

Good thing the Don Julio Double Cask is finished in Lagavulin casks to keep at least a hint of whiskeyness so I can still post in this thread.

qfEFC7l.jpg
Completed the Weller set with cypb.
Get on a plane and fly east!!!!!

Go!!!

Totally lit!

Jerry

With all the chatter about bluing I wanted to break out the TGA2 and have a look and she's amazing as the day I did it if not better actually.
Better than that, first trip to a different store I'd discounted that blew me away with a great selection in a small place and a couple new snags!

View attachment 1595154
Get on a gator and head west!!!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Get on a gator and head west!!!

Let's Drink!

Jerry
Anytime Boss, you got my number! The Gator has hauled more than a few bottles farther than you for some tasting adventures already!
Sadly, it's hauled more mulch and tree limbs than Scotch so help a brother out! 🤪 🤪
But don't be calling at 4 in the morning on a work night 😂 I think the hours we keep are in opposite time zones looking at some of your posts 😁

But I totally agree - Cobalt, get on a plane, I'll be there! I'll even take my chances getting through the ck points and perimeter defenses at the compound. at least I'll go down with honorable intentions :p

But seriously, don't get any ideas. I don't know anything but the rumors are more than enough deterence for half a wise man. LOL

Last edited:
Whiskey is a fascinating niche. Especially if you also like to consume it. For example, I drink and sell it. I am always searching for rare whiskey brands that I resell and making a nice profit. I've taken this idea after reading about the most expensive whiskey bottles. And also, there is a golden rule that I always respect, and I also advise you all. Just remember: Before you close the deal, you need to know if the whiskey is really worth more than what the seller is selling it for. In this way, you can make a nice profit during the year.

Last edited:
Anytime Boss, you got my number! The Gator has hauled more than a few bottles farther than you for some tasting adventures already!
Sadly, it's hauled more mulch and tree limbs than Scotch so help a brother out! 🤪 🤪
But don't be calling at 4 in the morning on a work night 😂 I think the hours we keep are in opposite time zones looking at some of your posts 😁

But I totally agree - Cobalt, get on a plane, I'll be there! I'll even take my chances getting through the ck points and perimeter defenses at the compound. at least I'll go down with honorable intentions :p

But seriously, don't get any ideas. I don't know anything but the rumors are more than enough deterence for half a wise man. LOL

I need a box truck to carry my stuff. No joke :D

Back