Busses and Whisky

Around 600
600 bottles? . . . . Holy Oinkin' Yowza!!! . . . .

Sounds like you need some serious life coaching my friend and I volunteer to be that guy!

Send about half of your bottles directly to the shop and in a couple of weeks, I'll ship whatever is left back to you.

That will be your first lesson!

Let's Drink Cobalt's stash!

Jerry

600 bottles? . . . . Holy Oinkin' Yowza!!! . . . .

Sounds like you need some serious life coaching my friend and I volunteer to be that guy!

Send about half of your bottles directly to the shop and in a couple of weeks, I'll ship whatever is left back to you.

That will be your first lesson!

Let's Drink Cobalt's stash!

Jerry

600 is just a weekly supply for you:p

I wish I could do that, hang on to some of them. I'm getting better at it. Get one of those I'd been seeking or just got onto the trail of. I attempt to keep 1/2 to 2/3's of it then pick up one of my go-to drinkers in order to preserve things I like better. I snagged a Glenlivet 15yo French Oak today at a pretty good price on sale. That should keep me out of the JW Gold 18. For a blend it is really good man. It's not quite the level of some Compass Box's I've had, but it's getting there.

Hey, Question - Who's had Dimple Pinch? Thoughts? The place I got the JW 18 had it. First time I've seen it anywhere.

I wish I could do that, hang on to some of them. I'm getting better at it. Get one of those I'd been seeking or just got onto the trail of. I attempt to keep 1/2 to 2/3's of it then pick up one of my go-to drinkers in order to preserve things I like better. I snagged a Glenlivet 15yo French Oak today at a pretty good price on sale. That should keep me out of the JW Gold 18. For a blend it is really good man. It's not quite the level of some Compass Box's I've had, but it's getting there.

Hey, Question - Who's had Dimple Pinch? Thoughts? The place I got the JW 18 had it. First time I've seen it anywhere.
If you are talking the 15 year, I have. Very good stuff. use to be a staple of mine 20 years ago

If you are talking the 15 year, I have. Very good stuff. use to be a staple of mine 20 years ago
Yep, that would be the one, the goofy bottle. As the story I read goes it was a "ships" bottle because the flat sides kept it from sliding around with the chicken wire on it.
Solid marketing strategy! 😁 OK, cool. Iguess I saw a review that threw it under the bus, but you'll have that which is why I asked. So, absolutely doing it since you approve!

Yep, that would be the one, the goofy bottle. As the story I read goes it was a "ships" bottle because the flat sides kept it from sliding around with the chicken wire on it.
Solid marketing strategy! 😁 OK, cool. Iguess I saw a review that threw it under the bus, but you'll have that which is why I asked. So, absolutely doing it since you approve!

It's actually pretty good for a blended scotch. I haven't had it 10 years but I am sure it doesn't change much. Certainly worth a try if you never had it before

This one is really smooth
zia4csb.jpg

This one is really smooth
zia4csb.jpg
That is not JUST a smooth Whisky. That is an AMZING Luxury Whisky. When I feel like really treating myself, this for me is the top of list. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I made a run today to the little hole in the wall and brought home 3 completely new ones for me. One I just cracked I took a chance on and another I might pop tomorrow. I already tried the Pinch15.....my thoughts are, glad it's inexpensive, it tastes like it. ..... oh sht, that isn't a scotchsnob line is it? crap....

Here's one I haven't had much less seen anywhere. "The Kings Whisky" .... I have to say, for a 12yo, this is one fine single malt. I've seen contrasting opinions so go find out for yourself. A lovely sherry cask for the price range/age. It's not an A'Bunadh but it's not priced like one either.
It says, on the bottle, "Highland" ... Masters Of Malt list it as "Speyside" ... Now I have to question everything I thought about the opinions on MofM :confused:

ATTENTION: 7-27 is NATIONAL SCOTCH DAY!!!! Fitting as it be, I have a spicy dram for tomorrow :D

BracalaCS.jpg

Last edited:
Come on guys! It's National Scotch Day! (I'm compromising with Japanese single malt)
I'm bringing a pretty tasty pour from the Pacific Island nation and pairing it with one of my favorite all around users/beaters my BG Batac. This is the one I did with hot vinegar and has been my learning piece for doing Busse handle tubes.

BatacHatozaki.jpg

Well I had about half a bottle of Laphroaig last night so I did my duty.

How do you find that Hatozaki?

Well I had about half a bottle of Laphroaig last night so I did my duty.

How do you find that Hatozaki?
Half a bottle? Hell, you're still tasting the smoke and ashes today man! That's Hogin it!
Man, I found this little store and WOW 🤩 I've been there 3 times now. Each time I'll grab 3-4 bottles I've never seen at 4 other stores I rotate through in and around Toledo.
I would've been pumped if they had Hibiki, probably would pass since it's got a BIG price tag on it, but still would've been impressed.
They also have Ardbeg AN OA, and Traigh Bhan. A couple Tamdhu's, a slew of McCallan's, Aberlour's and then all the standard Glen-(fill in the blank) and I got that Johnny Walker Gold Reserve 18yo. And of course all the standard screw tops on the bottom shelf. Also have the Obans, Dalwhinnie's and Lag16 and I saw Lagavulin 11 for the first time ever, I didn't know they made an 11yo! so there's a bunch of (never had's) before I burn that place out :D It's been a great find. Then, I'll ck out a place Jerry likes up in Michigan and he's probably got others I haven't heard of.
Throughout my journey it's been more about what can I find and where, what can I order online from Chicago or Detroit. What i wish I could find more of is someone who carries Compass Box. Some of those have been absolutely luxurious and memorable. Hedonism wins gold for me. There's a Compass Box Wong, you would just fall in love with. "Flaming Heart" Filled with lovely, fruity smoke and peat you can eat with a fork yet with the delicateness which signals there's no calories in here. Then it melds into smoky sweet fruits and hard candies topped with vanilla beans and orange peel all seemingly simmered over an open fire along a salty, mossy seaside. ....... Did I hook ya? Actually, I might have stretched it a little but it's an amazing pour. Of the smoky Isla's I've had, which is something from every distillery except that newest one that was built further north of Lagavulin, most amazing range of any peat. And I LOVE Uigeadail. CB does blends like no one else in my experience so far.
You know me, never a simple answer 😁🥳🥳😂 - Readers Digest answer: Walked into this new place I've been going to and there it was! At the end of the Scotch the shelf :D ~ It's also 46%, kind of high for a Japanese Whisky.

Last edited:
Well this is what happens when the marketing department takes control. :mad: There is not a Laphroaig drinker in the world that would talk like this about Laphroaig.

IMG-8157.jpg

Luckily on Leonardo's recommendation I bought a Compass Box as well and its pretty good!

IMG-8155.jpg

Smooth and buttery ! Normally I avoid blended whiskies but this is very drinkable. Not quite the (pleasant) punch in the mouth that some Scotch is. And not as intense as Laphroaig for sure, but given their current marketing problems, I'm happy to switch to Compass Box temporarily until they've sacked the marketing department.

Last edited:
WONG! MAN! That's AWESOME! Telling ya man, Compass Box does shit like no one else and they do it well.
Hedonism is my absolute fav, seriously, heart breaking love. I've had 3 or 4 bottles and there was nothing like the very first one. It's a beautiful and complex Scotch more than an expression of a specific region in it's recognizable profile. And that is what's so cool about it. No one can make it themselves, it takes all of them to contribute :) The master distiller behind their blends is an artist. The Gordon Ramsey of Spirits.

OK, the Lap 10 carton. That donkey-sht or is it for real? At first, not looking at your text, I thought, "he fk'd with the carton and printed some stuff and taped it on. 😂 But now? no bs? that's the carton? 😲 Well alrighty then.... well, I seen some ugly girls turn out pretty hot 20 years on so, It's cool. What's in the bottle is all that matters and we know what's in there :D Makes me think of camping 😁

Unfortunately it's real.

You can see that I paired that pic with a bread and butter knife in protest.

But as you say, it's what's in the bottle that counts. As long as the marketing department doesn't dabble in distilling we should be right.

Wow, a Campbelltown. Those I have found to be the most elusive region to acquire of them all. Had a Springbank10 and 1 Glen Scotia. Both very good.
And WOWZER on the purdy Mistress! :thumbsup: Excellent pairing!

Back