Busses and Whisky

Found some Lagavulin 12 today, but they wanted $150 for it. Good price or no?

That a not unusual price. But as with Busse knives, the window of availability may close very quickly.

If I lived in L.A., I'd get a bottle from Hi Times Wines for about $130, marked down from the $150 regular price. But I don't, so I can't. Here in East Podunk, Texas, I can't find it at any price.

Found some Lagavulin 12 today, but they wanted $150 for it. Good price or no?

It is an acceptable price. The fact that it is almost impossible to get makes it worth spending the money on it. I would put it on par with octomore but much more rare than octomore and octomore goes for $200+

I found a new store close to me and made a visit today. I saw Lag 8 but no 12. The 16 is no giveaway by any stretch but so far I have to say, it's my fav - but I can live with this Laph10 quite easily.
So today I picked up my first Ardbeg.....

ArdbegCorryvreckenV8.jpg

The Vreck is excellent stuff. If corryvrecken was all I could have I would be very happy.

nzohwCU.jpg

They had 4 bottles, owner said he's hold some for me if I wanted. Might go grab one or two. The lore is good stuff, but it definitely varies a bit from batch to batch. I found a bottle my friend had given me a few years back that I had forgotten about. He and I opened it and were instantly in love with it. He went and bought a newer bottle, and while it was very good, there was just something that was missing.

They had 4 bottles, owner said he's hold some for me if I wanted. Might go grab one or two. The lore is good stuff, but it definitely varies a bit from batch to batch. I found a bottle my friend had given me a few years back that I had forgotten about. He and I opened it and were instantly in love with it. He went and bought a newer bottle, and while it was very good, there was just something that was missing.

That happens with lots of scotches. They all vary with batch to batch. Like I prefer OCtomore 6 to octomore 8 and 9.

Leonardo and Cobalt,

Looks like those bottles are sitting on your patios or decks.:eek::eek:

Feel free to leave them there overnight and I'll go all kind of "Sumo Ninja" on you two and score some wicked cool scotch in the middle of the night.!:cool::eek:

To cover my tracks, I'll leave a half shot in each of the bottles so you'll question your own memory and sanity.o_O:confused:

Diabolical?. . . . Oh yeah!:cool:

Let's Drink!:thumbsup:

Jerry:D

Nice :). What do you think of it?
Oh boy, this is going to take some assimilation... wow~ Kind of laughing in a way at how I thought the Balvenie was "complex" LOL! I may have found the root definition in this one. She hasn't whooped me yet.

Jerry, you know the way home my friend and I'm sure no matter how long the night you'll be able to follow the bacon smoke back home ;)

Leonardo and Cobalt,

Looks like those bottles are sitting on your patios or decks.:eek::eek:

Feel free to leave them there overnight and I'll go all kind of "Sumo Ninja" on you two and score some wicked cool scotch in the middle of the night.!:cool::eek:

To cover my tracks, I'll leave a half shot in each of the bottles so you'll question your own memory and sanity.o_O:confused:

Diabolical?. . . . Oh yeah!:cool:

Let's Drink!:thumbsup:

Jerry:D

I'll leave some out if the INFI fairy comes to visit

I'll leave some out if the INFI fairy comes to visit
I think you're on to something there- "The Infi Fairy" you leave out a glass of scotch, middle of the night he comes along and leaves a little pile of Infi grindings LOL!

By the way if you happen to be near the Toledo area, this weekend is the annual "Beer and Bacon" festival

I think you're on to something there- "The Infi Fairy" you leave out a glass of scotch, middle of the night he comes along and leaves a little pile of Infi grindings LOL!

I like where this thinking is going. Jerry could be the Santa Claus of knives, traveling the world giving people INFI and drinking their whisky. Sounds like a fair trade to me. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I picked up two when they first came out. Pretty good stuff. Very similar to the 8 year.
If I hadn't read something like this, I wouldn't give these novelty bottles a seconds notice. It's safe to assume that it's marked up $10 because of the GOT label - Now I would probably buy some nice wine from "Dorne" on the small chance Ellaria squashed them grapes with her naked feet HAHA! ~ But my gut tells me a Lagavulin would be a safe risk but the GOT adds nothing to me.

For anyone near MD, Montgomery County DLC is having a whiskey day Friday. Lots of rare and limited releases for sale.

Back