Photos Busted Sebenza 25 :(.

Oh dear. From the picture posted, IMHO the crack was almost half the width of the blade. The white tones is the fresh shear of the material, the darker tones is the segregation due to the crack. And looking at the difference is tones, it like the crack has been there a long time, not recent. To me a warranty issue rather than usage abuse. Hope the TS gets the issue sorted with CRK.

Reactions: P2P
There is a reputable site that posts 25s for as low as $300, and in great condition (I buy from there often). Even on the exchange here you can get a great deal on a 25. Message me if you want to know the site.

Thanks for the offers everyone. I’m leaving in an hour for vacation to Myrtle beach so for the next week it’ll have to wait.

I’ll update this thread when I get back and have some answers.

See you in a week. :);)

I found a hairline crack on my 25 last year. It was right above the thumb stud & was almost invisible to my old eyes. I brought the subject up on the Forum here & found that there were some others that had the same problem. That may be where your break started. CRK had a new blade on mine (under warranty) & back to me in two weeks, which I consider exceptional because it was over the Christmas Holidays.

Good luck.

You’re giving me lots of hope folks thanks. I’ll deal with this when we get back from Myrtle beach for now I just wanna get there and relax.

Looks to me, based on the discoloration of the steel itself, that has been cracked above the thumbstud for quite some time. There have been multiple instances of cracks there and the blades replace prior to breakage. Call them Tuesday

Damn, that sucks. I've never seen that happen before. I'm betting CRK takes care of that though!

Can you elaborate on what you meant by "it felt wet"?
It was damp where it broke, I’d just rinsed it off after cutting a sandwich so I’m willing to bet capillary action drew the water in hairline fracture and when I first looked at it there was a shine to it on the top portion above and below the thumbstud.

Every once in a while I’m sure 1 gets through. I’m sure they’ll take care of it.

I wish Heather was still working there, I know I could get it pushed through quicker.

I’m just happy I have a Sebenza as a backup. :)

There is a reputable site that posts 25s for as low as $300, and in great condition (I buy from there often). Even on the exchange here you can get a great deal on a 25. Message me if you want to know the site.
I’m new to these here parts, and joined specifically to learn more about Chris Reeve knifes. I would love to know more about this site you speak of sir. I don’t know how to PM yet, so if you could get ahold of me, that would be much appreciated.

L Level3 if you use the @ symbol in front of the BF person you want to talk with, that will get their attention if they're logged in.

CRK should fix it up like new with a blade replacement. No problem. I had a CRK blade fail on a regular Tanto and sent it in and they replaced the blade. Chris even called me and explained what happened and why it failed. Your in good hands, no worries. It happens.

I don’t think I’ll be hearing from Chris any time soon but I suspect CRK will honor their warranty and replace the blade. I’ll contact the office next monday when I get back from vacation.

I'm guessing they have archive blades for warranty purposes, or they'll put an inkosi blade in. I'm wanting to get my 25 rebladed soon and hopefully can get an inkosi blade.

Back