Photos Busted Sebenza 25 :(.

The Inkosi blade is different. Recently I asked if I could get a replacement blade for my 25 and the answer was no. I would guess they have some for warranty purposes but they are not selling them.

The Inkosi blade is different. Recently I asked if I could get a replacement blade for my 25 and the answer was no. I would guess they have some for warranty purposes but they are not selling them.

Wow that sucks... Wish I would have known that before using the tar out of my 25 :(

I’ve been busy with runnin’ the mrs for doctors and PT, plus it’s the end of the year and it’s the time the old folks have to get their final doctors visits in so that the upcoming year transitions smoothly for pre existing health issues.

I was just on their site, I guess I’ll call, send an email with my phone # and contact info to see how they want to deal with it. Do they prefer original packaging?

I figure my best shot for success is to follow their directions. Probably early next week. In addition to the weekend aren’t they’re closed 1 day during the week ?

I have a busted Leatherman Skeletool and a Vic SAK with a missing battery door I have to send back.

Then there’s the 3 Arc AAA that aren’t workin’. Is a Peter Gransee around anymore, I seem to recall reading somewhere that somebody was honoring his warranty.

Man I got a lot of busted stuff to send back. Good thing they’re gurranteed for life. ;)

I’ve been busy with runnin’ the mrs for doctors and PT, plus it’s the end of the year and it’s the time the old folks have to get their final doctors visits in so that the upcoming year transitions smoothly for pre existing health issues.

I was just on their site, I guess I’ll call, send an email with my phone # and contact info to see how they want to deal with it. Do they prefer original packaging?

I figure my best shot for success is to follow their directions. Probably early next week. In addition to the weekend aren’t they’re closed 1 day during the week ?

I have a busted Leatherman Skeletool and a Vic SAK with a missing battery door I have to send back.

Then there’s the 3 Arc AAA that aren’t workin’. Is a Peter Gransee around anymore, I seem to recall reading somewhere that somebody was honoring his warranty.

Man I got a lot of busted stuff to send back. Good thing they’re gurranteed for life. ;)

I would be surprised if Peter was not involved in Peak LED Solutions. I was an Ark dealer back in the day. I bet if you cleaned the bejesus out of the AAA lights they would work fine. They are potted so you’re can just take them
apart and clean them in the sink. Really dig in and clean the threads well.

I called and was told how to send it in. They were very knice and I sent it insured with tracking, signature req. and attn: service dept.

Basically like they told me on the phone with added insurance. As soon as I hear I’ll post. They told me they’d notify me when they got it. I’ll post here when I know more. In the mean time I still have a large Ebony 21 with what has to be the smoothest action of any Sebenza I’ve ever handled, my Diamond Plate Small 21 Birthday Benza and my very first Sebenza, my small Plain Jane 21 which is almost always with me wherever I go.

See, here it is enjoyin’ the early mornin’ frost on the pumpkins. ;)

NeQVvUz.jpg

This may seem difficult to believe, but since it appears that flaw had been there for some time, it's probably fortunate that it broke when, where and how it did, rather than at a time when you were really depending on it. It was going to happen eventually, anyway. And at least there was no injury involved.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I hadn't even thought about that kind of flaw before.

Jim

That's the second broken Hinderer I've seen. At the very same point. The first one made me question thumb studs at all. This seals it.

That's the second broken Hinderer I've seen. At the very same point. The first one made me question thumb studs at all. This seals it.
While a mismatch in hole to stud can create enough pressure to crack a blade, that location be it stud , spydie hole or fixed blade is where knives tend to break(if they do break).

The cracking blade situation is only really an issue with press fit thumb studs, due to the pressure, if it's not perfect it can cause an issue. Even more of a risk on knives like hindeders where the studs also get constant whacks since they are also blade stops. I prefer studs that screw into eachother from both sides, that way the small stud hole doesnt end up interfering structurally with the blade.

Back