Butcher Bowie for 11/28

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
This one arrived here yesterday!

18 inch 37 ounce Butcher Bowie by Anil. Sandan wood handle. Top quality western style leather sheath. Superb work by Keshar Lal's son Anil. One more new addition to your collection at $275. *SOLD*
GlqMABT.jpg

ejhUVdb.jpg

TO8eJoj.jpg

HilFS12.jpg

nx1AuYj.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
Now that SINGS. Penny banks a bit lean or I'd latch onto this one.

EMS. I was too slow on the last Butcher Bowie by Anil. Let's see if second try is the charm.
Got the Done Deal.

Last edited:
I absolutely love mine!

This one looks like it might have an even better handle. The "jimping" is freakin' killer. :thumbsup:

Man the more I look at this the more I like it. To me it looks like a hybrid, with a Cherokee Rose upsweep in the front and Farm knife to the back with that Farm knife handle. Boy I’m really liking this knife!!

The Butcher Bowie arrived a few days ago, but I just opened the box last night. This a magnificent knife. At over 2 oz per inch it's a brute, but the balance is good and it doesn't feel too heavy in the hand. The blade is well-shaped and the jimping is perfect; adds to the grippiness and looks. The sheath is thick, well-made and fits the knife well. Not too tight, but it holds the blade quite firmly. One quibble is that the leather of the belt hanger loop seems a bit thin in relation to the body of the sheath, but this knife is really too heavy to hang on the belt so the loop is not an issue. I'd be tempted to remove it and replace the loop with a baldric strap for shoulder carry, but at the moment that seems too much trouble.

What else? The handle is large and comfortable. The spine is 3/8" thick for about half the length from the handle, and a full 1/4' thick from there to the tip. That's why it's so heavy: 37 oz. I think the blade could benefit from a wide, shallow fuller on each side, which would reduce the weight somewhat. It's too heavy to be a good fighter, except perhaps for someone unusually strong, but the intimidation factor would be great.

As for chopping, the sheer mass of the blade would make short work of any target. I'm not so sure about the edge profile, which seems thin for heavy chopping, but there's a lot of steel just behind the edge. It's not as thin as the Farm Knife model.

David, the idea for fullers is excellent. I would buy another that was a good bit lighter.

Back