Buying a new knife, please assist

How about the Benchmade Vex? New Graham has them for $37.50. It has a 3.33" blade, G-10 handle scales and decent blade steel and it is a liner-lock. The blade isn't exactly black, more of a deep charcoal gray, but it seems to be a pretty sturdy coating. I just picked one up at a local sporting goods store last week, and I'm loving it so far. Link to a review I found with some good pictures.

Josh

That knife looks so good!

Benchmade Vex. I just got one, and I think it's one of the better offerings in their Red Class. Quite inexpensive ($40 - $60), well-built, nice materials, the works.

I'll second the call for the Benchmade Griptilian.

You can get a Mini-Griptilian in D2 steel from Cabela's for just a little more than the $60 you listed. It is listed as item number 516109, if you go to www.cabelas.com. They come in black or green handles with a black coated blade.

The Axis lock is ambidextrous, and is considered to be one of the best locking mechanisms on a pocket knife. The D2 steel is a good quality higher-end steel.

The drop point blade is a good all-purpose blade shape.

The Spyderco Native is another good choice (I got the satin model from Walmart for $45), it's a lock-back and comes with S30V steel.

Sorry to dissapoint but Cabella's will not ship knives to Canada- I tried and the response was "Knives are sharp you know, they are prohibited weapons."
If you are looking beyond the Kershaw's then I suggest CRKT- good knives for a good price (if you are not a steel snob). sworddepot.com is good place but the prices are steep on some items. Your profile does not tell where you are, could be some good sales nearby that would be nice to know about as it is always better to hold a knife and see if a handle is for you or not. Take a look on this forum under Canadian Connection- it is full of Canuk info!!:D

Back