Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home. Was going to stay until tomorrow, but I wasn't feeling well, and drove home. I think I overdid it was all. Pick and shoveled my turn around. 21 wheelbarrows full. Something happened I was hoping wouldn't happen. I came across a giant boulder that's not going anywhere at the moment, haha. So much for digging back further. It still works okay, but I was hoping to dig back further.

Just got home. Was going to stay until tomorrow, but I wasn't feeling well, and drove home. I think I overdid it was all. Pick and shoveled my turn around. 21 wheelbarrows full. Something happened I was hoping wouldn't happen. I came across a giant boulder that's not going anywhere at the moment, haha. So much for digging back further. It still works okay, but I was hoping to dig back further.

Yikes, sounds like a full day. Are you just clearing out the property?

Yikes, sounds like a full day. Are you just clearing out the property?
Digging out the side of the hill by hand, so I have a place to turn my truck around. I used to have to back out of the drive onto the lane, drive down to the neighbors down the hill, then turn around, and come back out. Now i have the ability to turn around on my own property. I used the dirt to build the land out, and the rocks for trim, etc. It's been a huge under taking. It's funny, if you saw it, it doesn't look like much, but it's a lot of work by hand. If it were all dirt, I would have been done ages ago, but with all the rocks, and roots that have to come out along the way, it made it way more difficult.

p.s. I have chiggers.

Digging out the side of the hill by hand, so I have a place to turn my truck around. I used to have to back out of the drive onto the lane, drive down to the neighbors down the hill, then turn around, and come back out. Now i have the ability to turn around on my own property. I used the dirt to build the land out, and the rocks for trim, etc. It's been a huge under taking. It's funny, if you saw it, it doesn't look like much, but it's a lot of work by hand. If it were all dirt, I would have been done ages ago, but with all the rocks, and roots that have to come out along the way, it made it way more difficult.

p.s. I have chiggers.

Digging in that terrain is difficult, to say the least. And chiggers don't help.

Here's what I'm talking about.

This where the woodbox once sat. I cut the two dead trees down:

1_1.png

This is after the last time we were there. Extended it out, from the dirt dug out of the turn around:

2.png

This is after this time:

3.png

4.png

I wish I would have thought of it before, as there would be way more there.

You can see all the rock and debris I have to dig through. Not to mention the occasional tree that has to be removed:

5.png

This is the boulder I was talking about:

6.png

A bigger view:

7.png

Started to dig around it. Have no idea how far back, or down it goes:

8.png

9.png

10.png

There's another boulder to the right of it, and on the left I found out, haha:

11.png

What it looked like before I started:

12.png

Now:

13.png

After I dug alongside the first boulder, I stuck the pick in between the rocks to see if it would move at all. Not one iota, haha. I do have a 6' steel pry bar there. I'll see what I can do with that next time I'm there. I'll dig around it more before I do.

Looks like a lot of work. Do you think you'd be able to hit it with a BFH and bust it up a little?
I do have an 8lb sledge there. Not sure. It's bigger than it looks in the photo. Worth a shot though, if I can't pry it out with the 6 footer.

Looks like it's time to bust out the C4 and blasting caps!
I don't think my little cabin would be there anymore, haha.

Looks like you got your exercise in for the month. How about a Jackhammer? :thumbsup:
I sure did. When I first got there, there were plants hanging over into the lane, that I decided I would walk back up and cut them. I chose my BK20, haha, and did snap cuts for days. It made the top of my forearm so sore, that I could barely control my hand to lift a Pepsi to my mouth, haha. Still sore too. I should have used my 4.

that much work and you still got pics :thumbsup: pretty cool ;)
Always take pics. Only about 69 of them this time though.

Oh no it can be used as shaped charge. A plastic funnel with C-4 makes for a wonderful precision blast. And you can cook with it. Burns nicely lol
Not kidding!!!
I think I'll just try the pry bar first, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back