Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see the relevance of any of this, not only is it political and this out-of-place in this part of the forum, but the only part that ties it all together is the city that was mentioned. It's like you just wanted to go on a rant about my home town and all it took was mention of it to make it ok.

The situation you describe is part of almost every major city, if you go to certain less-fortunate areas; the only thing that is even city-specific is the legislation, and that would cut down on the instances of the situation you described.

But seriously, politics shouldn't be discussed anywhere in the forums except the Political Arena, just because you're not a paying member doesn't mean you get a free pass to post politics anywhere you want, even if you hang out here and know many folks here. It just isn't right for this thread or this subforum to bring in divisive topics for no real good reason.
And your whining about it all should be moved to Whine & Cheese. :D
Haha! I just had to...
See you at BeckerWest buddy!

What a summer. Rocky Point, Laughlin, Flagstaff, LA, SF, Chicago, and NYC (twice). Got Junior into his new middle school, the next two into high school, one kid sent to college, another out of boot camp and on to A-school.

My pool is green, my house is a mess, my finances are a mess, but damn did we have fun :)

Now it's time to pull our lives together and figure out what's next for the rest of the year. I'm thinking this long weekend will be spent at home on the couch or in front of the grill.

What a summer. Rocky Point, Laughlin, Flagstaff, LA, SF, Chicago, and NYC (twice). Got Junior into his new middle school, the next two into high school, one kid sent to college, another out of boot camp and on to A-school.

My pool is green, my house is a mess, my finances are a mess, but damn did we have fun :)

Now it's time to pull our lives together and figure out what's next for the rest of the year. I'm thinking this long weekend will be spent at home on the couch or in front of the grill.

Damn i got wore out just thinking about doing all that. Yep a couch should be in your immediate future

I'm thinking this long weekend will be spent at home on the couch or in front of the grill.
I think we may go to the cabin this weekend.

And your whining about it all should be moved to Whine & Cheese. :D
Haha! I just had to...
See you at BeckerWest buddy!

If it got moved to W&C I'd be OK with that, It's the only other sub-forum I have more posts in than the BK&T sub-forum. :)

I can't wait for BeckerWest, gonna be a good one this year.

Dunk, Sorry for your loss.

I've been offline since my last post here. We lost Inet service due to high winds. Connection is still iffy and more off than on.

I'm much further from the coast than Dunk is. I've only had about 6.5" of rain. Still 1/6 of an average year's total. My sister down in Spring, Texas (just north of Houston) has had over 35". Her 5-1/2" rain gauge ran over a few times. She finally left Houston today after they lost electrical power, so no more rain updates from her.

Sorry to hear about your sister. What neighborhood/area of Spring?

Heading down south tomorrow evening. Supposed to get down to 50ยฐ tomorrow night, 79ยฐ Saturday, 55ยฐ Saturday night, then climb back up to 88ยฐ Sunday, so, we'll be leaving early Sunday, haha. So many blades, so little time...

Just heard that we may have record
Heading down south tomorrow evening. Supposed to get down to 50ยฐ tomorrow night, 79ยฐ Saturday, 55ยฐ Saturday night, then climb back up to 88ยฐ Sunday, so, we'll be leaving early Sunday, haha. So many blades, so little time...
That sounds good . Going te be in the 100s to 115 around here . Way to hot for me .

Just heard that we may have record

That sounds good . Going te be in the 100s to 115 around here . Way to hot for me .
Yikes.

Saw the most amazing thing. It's was really big, and orange, and super bright, and up in the sky...

actually, it's very small. less than 1/2 degree arc.

hold out your hand at arm's length. your little finger nail should more than cover it :D

now, Andromeda is the biggest "single thing" "in the sky"...

Damnit Bladite Bladite you had me google pine drops!!!! That is way out of context I thought. Well it is Bladite??? No let me look at his spelling I says.. To myself Oh A not EA
It's a Galaxy. Back into context:thumbsup:

Can't believe summers damn near over. Think I'm gonna take the rugrat out for a quick overnighter somewhere this weekend; she's been buggin' me for a while now but it's just been too busy lately. Want to get her out before school starts next week. Now where to goโ€ฆ

Can't believe summers damn near over. Think I'm gonna take the rugrat out for a quick overnighter somewhere this weekend; she's been buggin' me for a while now but it's just been too busy lately. Want to get her out before school starts next week. Now where to goโ€ฆ
Sounds like fun. I'm glad summer's over. Not a fan of it personally. Too hot for this ol boy.

So sorry for your loss Dunkem!

Had my colonoscopy and endoscopy yesterday at 33 years old. 1 pre cancerous polyp removed and sent for biopsies. Also found out i apparently have internal and external hemorrhoids... Fun fun...

Could have been much worse...

The prep was way worse than the procedure... However the light sedation "twilight" they called it... Did NOT work on me. They tried twice, using "versed" spelling?.. and demerol both times... Finally they got an anesthesiologist to knock me completely out. What was suppose to take 1 or 2 hours ended up taking 7.

But least it's over.... And i got 5 years before i have to do it again.

Be glad when work is over today. Sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back