Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much time to post lately. Feeling guilty about it also. Training hard for my Devils Path hike/climb next week.
Wondered where ya been.

News from my week...
From Friday, my younger brother had urinary trouble, passing blood and clots, Dr. says it's bladder cancer. :(
My baby sister called, her husband was in a motorcycle crash going to work. Broke his leg below the knee so bad, it will need to come off. He's in surgery tonight.
Prayers officially welcome.

News from my week...
From Friday, my younger brother had urinary trouble, passing blood and clots, Dr. says it's bladder cancer. :(
My baby sister called, her husband was in a motorcycle crash going to work. Broke his leg below the knee so bad, it will need to come off. He's in surgery tonight.
Never good to here news like that. Prayers sent your way .

News from my week...
So sorry man, prayers headed your way.

News from my week...

tanglediver tanglediver I lost my lower left leg just below the knee. I'm climbing mountains now. Let your Brother in law know all is not lost. Just gotta change how you do things and carry on.

News from my week...

Yikes, man! They say when it rains, it pours. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Hopefully your little bro's prognosis has some positive silver lining to it and your brother in law can quickly be on the mend.

I also cannot get away from the boss and his "McIntyre Rig". I have been tossing this idea around since I got back from the Gathering, and I am going to try my hand at putting one together. First attempt will be more in keeping with the original setup, like he shows in his video from like 8 years ago, but over time I imagine it will change to suit my personal needs more.

I would have loved to use a Becker for it, but during his videos Dave (Colhane on Youtube) explains his neck knife has a very pointy tip, and my 11/14/24s do not have that without alot of modification. So I will be using a TM Hunt Skelemag in the role. Hopefully tomorrow will see me making a new sheath for it that will serve the purpose...

And, in related news, I will be getting my tooling back for the making of kydex. Been awhile and I have some new ideas I need to make happen...

"the rig" is too heavy for my taste... a bk14 is great, but after you cover the sheath with stuff, pain in the neck :D

a longer thinner knife would be nifty. almost like a snake charmer, but THINNER... so basically take the 13 and longerfy the handle. minimalist sheath, but made stupid safe so you could NOT push the handle through. stabby body action if you fall wrong.

a lotta people also don't want inner tube on the skin... perhaps silicone? perhaps something else.

like the concept... can't see myself wearing one regular though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back