Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by 1066vik, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Supposed to be 80° Saturday, and Sunday. A good day to break the ol Jeeper out.

Xr6x and Battle Creek Knives like this.
  2. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Low 80s projected for here, hopefully the rain will stay at bay, so we can get outdoors and do something!

Xr6x and The Warrior like this.
  3. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    I was just telling the wife that I'll be glad when the cooler weather sets in, so we can start hiking again.

Xr6x likes this.
  4. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I'm so tired of summer already. It's been extraordinarily humid here, insects are out in hoards, and working outside on some days, it's hotter than hell! I'm really looking forward to opening day of bow season, SEC football, and most all, backpacking and camping!

5. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Preach it brother, preach it. I hear that. I'm not a summer fan at all. I don't do well in the heat. I'm thinking of getting a one man tent, and doing an overnighter in the snow. I think it would be fun. Or maybe just a tarp even.

On a different tune, we have flood warnings until 7pm tomorrow evening. I hope that rain hits us. We're in need of rain...

Xr6x likes this.
  6. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    Yes I am with Imgur

7. tjswarbrick

tjswarbrick

Mar 31, 2011
    There you go again with the Iron Maiden quotes!
    Keep em coming.

Battle Creek Knives likes this.
  8. cbwoods67

cbwoods67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I don't mind the heat as much as I do the chiggers. My legs are tore up from working at a state forest all summer.

For me the key to hiking in the heat is to start as early as possible, that way you can somewhat acclimate as it gets hotter.

But I am definitely looking forward to the cool weather.

9. cbwoods67

cbwoods67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Have you ever camped in a hammock? I enjoy it, and you can make one yourself for not much money.

I'm hoping there is more snow this winter so I can give snow camping a shot. Last winter was too mild down here.

Also, congrats on the Modship.
    But if you follow the pattern of other Becker mods, you will probably fall off the face of the interwebz and quit posting in a couple months.:D

10. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Chiggers only seem to like me at the cabin. Had never had them in my entire life, until I started going there.

11. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    I have not. Would like to though. And thanks man, appreciate. Nah, I'm going to be around for awhile...

Xr6x and cbwoods67 like this.
  12. Battle Creek Knives

Battle Creek Knives

Feb 23, 2010
    Speaking of property last night, we had looked last week and found near 20 acres suppose to be lake front, prices are decent out here pending location but lake front.??... Something's up with that, maybe an easement spanning 2/3rds the property ??dunno...it was cheaper than acreage out in po-dunk...lol

Xr6x likes this.
  13. Battle Creek Knives

Battle Creek Knives

Feb 23, 2010
    In other news.... Just checked my email and got a note from the founder of Sharp Pebble whetstones they want me to review their stones,lol.... Im like what??? The first stone i ordered on the 16th still isn't in I have a stropping stone but its worthless without a profile stone....

Maybe they will send me a whole box of stones;-)

Been a long time since I've used a whetstone Im the last person they want to ask:p

14. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    They do a lot of good. I just don't like to be surprised by them. That's sure is a cute little guy :eek:

15. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    In on 6! Still offshore...
    Heading home soon.

worldwood likes this.
  16. Battle Creek Knives

Battle Creek Knives

Feb 23, 2010
    dont know how you do it daizee, longest ive been out at sea was 14days and i was almost institutionalized afterward....:)

edit: grammatical error

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  17. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
  18. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    Sorry I didn't pick up on that.
    Maybe I should run to the hills.

19. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    *lol*

My first 3-month tour in 2001 must have broken me. (4 months in '02 very nearly did.)
    Now I'm a day-tripper by comparison. :rolleyes:

20. Battle Creek Knives

Battle Creek Knives

Feb 23, 2010
    I'd run for your life....

Daizee you have been broken for sure... Never needed dramamine myself and have witnessed the sickness don't wish that on anyone.. Afterward does it take days to get over the movement?? seems the more the confined space ( like a shower) the more i rocked (on land)....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.