Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liquid Hero Amber Ale.

It isn't Lucky XXIII, but it isn't half bad.
Plus they're playing Def Leppard and AC/DC.

Congrats on becoming a mod warrior! Just noticed it!!

Sent the 3v knife off to razor edge knives. Going to mod the hell out of it lol. New blade shape, New handle shape.. No more thumb ramp, reprofile the edge...

Still won't have handles... but it will be ready for some LOL

spraying your shoes and pants cuffs with permethrin helps reduce chiggers.
so does dusting your shoes and socks with 10% sevin - but the permethrin lasts longer.

Treated my double nest hammock in permethrin... Didn't think it would do much but was pleasantly surprised!

Permetherin works wonders! I'll dilute some in a spray bottle and spray down the clothes that I'm going to be wearing in the woods that weekend. Concentrating on the cuff areas and neck and shoulder area. I'll even spray my socks! Let it sit and dry overnight and you're off to your adventures the next day! No ticks when I use this method, but chiggers seem to find a way past it...

Some people like to go on cruise ships. Not me. 5 deployments and an overseas tour in 10 years - why would I want to pay good money to get underway again?:rolleyes:

My longest continuously under way period was back in 1980 - 110 days from "Underway" to "Moored". We set a record for conventionally powered carriers. I was on the USS Constellation (CV-64) out in the Indian Ocean during the Iran Hostage Crisis. Next longest was 89 days - the following deployment another 9+ month one starting 10 months after the previous one was completed, again to the IO on the Connie. The Enterprise (CVN-65) did NOT get out of the yards on time, so we had to move our deployment date up by 7 or 8 months.

I had 2 9+ month Westpac deployments and 2 9+ Westpac/IO deployments and a 19 month tour out of Japan in my first 5 years of active duty. Later added a 7 month Med deployment on a fleet oiler. Got another 14 months overseas, at 2 months per year for 7 years while in the Naval Reserves.

"Join the Navy and See the world" they said back then. Well, they were right. I got to see every continent except Antarctica and 20+ countries

spraying your shoes and pants cuffs with permethrin helps reduce chiggers.
so does dusting your shoes and socks with 10% sevin - but the permethrin lasts longer.

I spray permethrin on the bird dogs untill the first hard frost hits. Damn ticks fall off the dogs.

Woodford Reserve is much better slammed than sipped.
Discuss...

As is the case with most alcoholic beverages I find. :D
Except that damn Apple Pie moonshine that FAL'ER gave me....I'll never drink that stuff again!! It made me puke on 710's shoes. Haha

Some people like to go on cruise ships. Not me. 5 deployments and an overseas tour in 10 years - why would I want to pay good money to get underway again?:rolleyes:

My longest continuously under way period was back in 1980 - 110 days from "Underway" to "Moored". We set a record for conventionally powered carriers. I was on the USS Constellation (CV-64) out in the Indian Ocean during the Iran Hostage Crisis. Next longest was 89 days - the following deployment another 9+ month one starting 10 months after the previous one was completed, again to the IO on the Connie. The Enterprise (CVN-65) did NOT get out of the yards on time, so we had to move our deployment date up by 7 or 8 months.

I had 2 9+ month Westpac deployments and 2 9+ Westpac/IO deployments and a 19 month tour out of Japan in my first 5 years of active duty. Later added a 7 month Med deployment on a fleet oiler. Got another 14 months overseas, at 2 months per year for 7 years while in the Naval Reserves.

"Join the Navy and See the world" they said back then. Well, they were right. I got to see every continent except Antarctica and 20+ countries

Thank you for your service zzy. Spent my time in a 120 degree tank in the middle of a desert with 3 other smelly Dumb Ass Tankers. The older i get the more i miss it. You only remember the good times.

Home from work on a Friday night, my favorite time of the week.

Thank you for your service zzy. Spent my time in a 120 degree tank in the middle of a desert with 3 other smelly Dumb Ass Tankers. The older i get the more i miss it. You only remember the good times.

Thank you for your service.

I've spent a fair number of hours crawling in and around not-quite tanks (BFV), and a little time in the back.
Really couldn't imagine months or years back there. You guys are a different breed, and my hat is off to you.

As is the case with most alcoholic beverages I find. :D
Except that damn Apple Pie moonshine that FAL'ER gave me....I'll never drink that stuff again!! It made me puke on 710's shoes. Haha
Where do you find em? Just lyin around the campfire???

Was thinking of sending up some Larceny to you last BW via 710, but it wasn't to be.
Hopefully I can make another within the next 15 months.

Flavored moonshine isn't fit for human consumption.

Knob Creek Reserve is for sippin'. Too complex and delicious to just shoot, and at 120 proof you (well, I anyway) won't last long.

Last edited:
You were going to tend to your overgrown firepit.
Ah, gotcha. Nah, probably won't be doing that this weekend. I was thinking of getting the bicycles out, and riding out to the woods, and perhaps use the Emberlit, etc.

I've spent a fair number of hours crawling in and around not-quite tanks (BFV), and a little time in the back.
Really couldn't imagine months or years back there. You guys are a different breed, and my hat is off to you.

Yea the Bradleys would scout out front and get there butts in trouble. The net would light up for us DATS to get up on line and Gunner sabot tank, Identified, Up, On the way would be internal comm music lol. Thanks for your time in armored aluminum lol.

Warbrick were you a 11B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back