C12BN - Matriarch Flat Ground Brown FRN

Is it only available through the Spyderco website?

In any case, the knife would make for an amazing self defense knife...kind of scares me. :eek:

Is it only available through the Spyderco website?

In any case, the knife would make for an amazing self defense knife...kind of scares me. :eek:

yeah ive looked around and no one has them...is this an exclusive or something? i would love to pick one up!

I've also looked around and they appear to be unavailable most places, except for ebay of course.

It is an item released through normal distribution, but it is a limited run. We just started shipping so you should start seeing them pop up soon. ;)

It is an item released through normal distribution, but it is a limited run. We just started shipping so you should start seeing them pop up soon. ;)

Coolio. Will keep my eye out, definitely some great products coming out.

I don't really get the blade pattern. What's the purpose of this design??

The Matriarch blade is a shorter version of the Civilian. And the Civilian was designed for personal protection use. For general use, it's pretty limited. I have a few hawkbill blades and they're probably more useful compared to the reverse S blade.

It's probably cool to own but won't see any use. But if my name was Hannibal Lecter, I'd have 2 of each, serrated and plain. :D

I don't really get the blade pattern. What's the purpose of this design??
The Matriarch blade is a shorter version of the Civilian. And the Civilian was designed for personal protection use. For general use, it's pretty limited. I have a few hawkbill blades and they're probably more useful compared to the reverse S blade.

It's probably cool to own but won't see any use. But if my name was Hannibal Lecter, I'd have 2 of each, serrated and plain. :D
The Matriarch was initially produced as a relatively inexpensive SD tool for South African women. I believe that it was requested by Spyderco's South African distributor. Like the Civilian it is sold STRICTLY for self defense, or at least all prior versions have been. Can't be 100% sure how about the new brown ones, but in the past general use has not only not been recommended, it has been specifically advised against due to the very thin tip.

Paul
bar_02.gif

My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and good fortune and fame are your lot, but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile with his shorts twisted up in a knot. - Morey Amsterdam

The Matriarch was initially produced as a relatively inexpensive SD tool for South African women. I believe that it was requested by Spyderco's South African distributor. Like the Civilian it is sold STRICTLY for self defense, or at least all prior versions have been. Can't be 100% sure how about the new brown ones, but in the past general use has not only not been recommended, it has been specifically advised against due to the very thin tip.

The Civilian and Matriarch come with a warning tag that reads "NOTICE! This knife was NOT designed to be used as a utility knife. Its unique design will not support everyday use and our warranty will not cover the results of using it as a utility knife."

Back