CA concealed weapon permit

this is going to be a stupid question but i figured i might as well ask it. is it at all possible to get a concealed weapons permit for a knife?

what knife are you trying to carry concealed if you dont mind me asking? all folding knives accept for switchblades can be carried concealed in cali. there isnt even a length limit for the state as a whole (some cities have a limit). only thing that has to be open carry is a fixed blade

The law does not provide for knives.
CAL. BPC. CODE § 7583.23 : California Code - Section 7583.23 http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/cacode/BPC/1/d3/11.5/4/s7583.23
The weapon is a firearm and the permit is for a firearm (up to three and you must qualify with each).

Those Kuboton/pen devices are expressly illegal and a felony to OWN. You can carry almost any knife in CA as long as it is a visible carry - sheath or pouch - but "daggers and dirks" are illegal.

I'd rather carry my .380 than my Microtech Ultratech. Better reach with the .380 Walther (Interarms).

kubatons are illegal? or batons are?

Batons are. Penal Code 12020 makes it illegal to possess any "blackjack, slungshot, billy, sandclub, sap, or sandbag." There is an exception for security professionals to have "wooden clubs or batons."

Due to the phrasing of this law, it is unlikely to apply to a kubotan. Further, any laws against kubotans (regardless of where you live) are for all practical purposes unenforceable. It's a cylinder slightly longer than your hand. To ban these is to ban pens, pencils, flashlights and numerous automotive and plumbing parts.

blackjacks and the like are loaded with shot or some other material to provide greater force upon impact.

standard kubotans are just pieces of plastic or resin, and are not impact weapons as defined. they can be used to strike with the ends, but not swung like other impact weapons.

at the point a kubotan becomes large enough to be an impact weapon, it is a baton.

if kubotans are in fact illegal, i am not aware of any law prohibiting them nor am i aware of any interpretation of existing law prohibiting them.

Back