1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Cabela's Fake

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Seneca18, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Seneca18

Seneca18 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2015
    I posted in the fake section but want to make sure Spyderco sees this.
    Fake PM2 at Cabelas in LaVista Nebraska, I informed the person working the counter but he seemed less than interested. It is a pretty bad fake at that, liner lock PM2
    [​IMG]Untitled by Danny Nystrom, on Flickr

2. bearfacedkiller

bearfacedkiller Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2014
    That is a terrible fake. Maybe a friendly reminder that selling fakes is illegal would help.

This is not the first report of fakes at Cabelas. Sad....

When major retailers aren't safe then what?

Ulf Krogstad likes this.
  3. Boxer .45

Boxer .45 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Then we have to resort to reliable vendors. :)

4. Boxer .45

Jan 11, 2015
    They ought to be ashamed, but they're not. SMH

5. Seneca18

Seneca18 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2015
    I sent an email off to Spyderco customer service linking this thread so hopefully they get it taken care of.

palonej likes this.
  6. Riz!

Riz! Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2014
    I bet someone bought the real one, replaced with a fake and then returned it for a refund. Basically paying a fraction for the real one. Thats for sure a fake in the photo. Cabelas is a reputable dealer. Its management wouldnt allow that. A lowly salesman may not care.

palonej likes this.
  7. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Thanx much Seneca.

sal

8. mmmotorcycle

mmmotorcycle Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Liking this since I thought I has seen something similar last weekend. Didn't have pictures though.....

9. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    If they take trades or buy used, which I don't know that Cabela's does none around here, then it is possible an employee didn't realize it was a fake an innocent but stupid mistake is possible and as previously stated by another a return scam possible too.

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  10. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    wow.........wonder how many they got and sold.

11. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
  12. Kreyzhorse

Kreyzhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Well done sir.

13. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    The buyers from some of these large companies are not knife people and do not know the difference, all too often. Also, they do not see the products when they come in. However, someone there surely knows the difference and they should be removed and reported to the police.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy

Jan 30, 2012
    Not sure who should be more ashamed: Cabela's for selling it or the unknown entity who actually made it! One of the worst fakes I can remember seeing (so much FAIL).

15. Cereal_killer

Cereal_killer

Apr 4, 2013
    Cabela's for sure, it's par for the course for the Chinese cloners.

16. dreadpirate

dreadpirate

Jan 16, 2015
    Seems the like the most likely scenario.

17. 115Italian

115Italian

Nov 13, 2015
    Funny how today theres cabelas ads all over blade forums. Anyway, very sad a big chain store has fakes anywhere in their offerings. What else are they selling thats fake?

18. bearfacedkiller

bearfacedkiller Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Well, yes, when it comes to knives most of us on here know that. That wasn't exactly my point. My point is that we should be able to trust large established dealers to be selling genuine stuff. Do they have knockoff fishing tackle too? Knock of clothing? Is the elk jerky really elk?

Maybe I am over thinking how low we can go in the future as far as counterfeiting goes but I do not want to live in a world where you do not know if the toothpaste you are buying at Walgreen's is real or fake. We put a lot of trust in our supply chains to give us the genuine article. We shop for many of our goods with blind faith.

19. Spydergirl88

Spydergirl88

Dec 3, 2015
    Wow that is the fakest pm2 ive ever seen

20. Boxer .45

Jan 11, 2015
    That's true it's a possibility, but then when you bring it to their attention and they put it back in the case without trying to verify...