Cabela's Fake

That is a terrible fake. Maybe a friendly reminder that selling fakes is illegal would help.

This is not the first report of fakes at Cabelas. Sad....

When major retailers aren't safe then what?

That is a terrible fake. Maybe a friendly reminder that selling fakes is illegal would help.

This is not the first report of fakes at Cabelas. Sad....

When major retailers aren't safe then what?

Then we have to resort to reliable vendors. :)

I sent an email off to Spyderco customer service linking this thread so hopefully they get it taken care of.

I bet someone bought the real one, replaced with a fake and then returned it for a refund. Basically paying a fraction for the real one. Thats for sure a fake in the photo. Cabelas is a reputable dealer. Its management wouldnt allow that. A lowly salesman may not care.

Liking this since I thought I has seen something similar last weekend. Didn't have pictures though.....

If they take trades or buy used, which I don't know that Cabela's does none around here, then it is possible an employee didn't realize it was a fake an innocent but stupid mistake is possible and as previously stated by another a return scam possible too.

wow.........wonder how many they got and sold.

The buyers from some of these large companies are not knife people and do not know the difference, all too often. Also, they do not see the products when they come in. However, someone there surely knows the difference and they should be removed and reported to the police.

Not sure who should be more ashamed: Cabela's for selling it or the unknown entity who actually made it! One of the worst fakes I can remember seeing (so much FAIL).

Not sure who should be more ashamed: Cabela's for selling it or the unknown entity who actually made it! One of the worst fakes I can remember seeing (so much FAIL).
Cabela's for sure, it's par for the course for the Chinese cloners.

If they take trades or buy used, which I don't know that Cabela's does none around here, then it is possible an employee didn't realize it was a fake an innocent but stupid mistake is possible and as previously stated by another a return scam possible too.
Seems the like the most likely scenario.

Funny how today theres cabelas ads all over blade forums. Anyway, very sad a big chain store has fakes anywhere in their offerings. What else are they selling thats fake?

Then we have to resort to reliable vendors. :)

Well, yes, when it comes to knives most of us on here know that. That wasn't exactly my point. My point is that we should be able to trust large established dealers to be selling genuine stuff. Do they have knockoff fishing tackle too? Knock of clothing? Is the elk jerky really elk?

Maybe I am over thinking how low we can go in the future as far as counterfeiting goes but I do not want to live in a world where you do not know if the toothpaste you are buying at Walgreen's is real or fake. We put a lot of trust in our supply chains to give us the genuine article. We shop for many of our goods with blind faith.

That's true it's a possibility, but then when you bring it to their attention and they put it back in the case without trying to verify...

Back