Cabela's Fake

Yeah I don't buy knives from them but if they have a knife I'm interested in I'll co there first and check it out
Well then the guys in Hammond must have trained the nitwits in East Hartford CT, who have the same setup!

Yeah I don't buy knives from them but if they have a knife I'm interested in I'll co there first and check it out

I actually did once. A Case Stockman, when I had the friends and family employee discount that essentially made it a reasonable retail price instead of the usual insane markup they have on most knives.

The salesman had no idea at all about things like blade rub, what a spey blade was, etc... He could not have been less interested in a traditional knife. He wasn't trying to pass off a Delica for close to $100, so he didn't care.

I actually did once. A Case Stockman, when I had the friends and family employee discount that essentially made it a reasonable retail price instead of the usual insane markup they have on most knives.

The salesman had no idea at all about things like blade rub, what a spey blade was, etc... He could not have been less interested in a traditional knife. He wasn't trying to pass off a Delica for close to $100, so he didn't care.

I hear ya it's hard in big box store to find anyone who truly cares

You work enough retail and you find that everybody that walks through the door is an expert on everything you sell. It gets old. Fast.

There's also a whole lot of non experts behind the counters as well. Never more evident than going to most gun stores or car dealerships. So in a lot of respects, everyone that walks through the door is infact/likely an expert. At least to a larger degree it would seem.

I'm not pointing at you btw.

Unless there are more than one liner lock Para 2 in that store, I'm inclined to think a customer pulled a fast one with a return.
I've been to Cabelas in PA a couple times and the return dept is so ridiculously crowded that the employees just take a cursory glance at what's in the box.
I would bet that knife is a return from a rather unscrupulous customer.
Joe

Back