Cabin Visit

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
Headed back down south this past weekend, for the first time since January. I was thinking the weeds were going to be waist high, but they were not. Looking toward the fire pit:

The drive:

New wheels:

Pretty out, but it was hot:

My BK62, alongside an extended version from none other than knife maker daizee. Nice knife, sheath, um, not so great, haha. :D

Gold logo:

Comparison next to the 62:

In hand shot:

With the extended ricasso, you can use it like a choil area:

Not a very good shot of it, but it has a hidden lanyard hole:

Feather sticking. Not by best by far, as the stick was very dry, but it still worked very well. By the way, when I first got this from daizee a few weeks back, it was hair popping sharp. Also, I switched my hand to the choil area, but apparently the wife didn't get any of those shots. It worked well both ways:

to be cont...

Do some batonning. Hard oak:

No problem at all:

A lot of fun to use, but it was so hot out, I didn't use the blades too much at all. Super nice blade though. The handle is freaking silky smooth. Sanded to perfection. Very comfortable.

I brought a few of my new old stoves. My Optimus 45:

Also, my smaller, but more powerful Optimus 00:

Did I say it was hot out? It was supposed to be in the high 70's on Friday:

My Optimus 45 carry case. Didn't have the burner tightened to the fount enough, and kerosene leaked inside. Wife washed it up, and hung it out to dry:

62:

Crap photo, but that's a skink to the right of center:

Got a fire going to cook on, despite the heat. Kindling thanks to the daizee blade:

Bought a box of 50 strawberry Phillies online. I used to smoke them all the time, but they are no longer available in the area. It was good to smoke them again after all these years:

to be cont...

Yet another skink:

Time to eat something. Priming the 45:

Most of our pots are discolored, from using them over the fire:

Milk and a little butter:

One of those cheese pasta thingies:

Bourbon marinated pork steaks on the flames:

Just liked these next few shots:

Food done:

Fired up the 00 to heat water for dishes. Little stove is a roaring beast:

Stoves and spirits:

Cheers:

to be cont...

Liked the way the sun shone through the bottle:

Good ol' niner:

Fired up the 00 yet again to make the wife some tea:

Got the wife a vintage tea kettle. Kind of unique:

Barely fits on the pot stands:

Boilage:

You can see the tea basket in the next photo, that has a stem attached to it, with a little ball, connected to a chain. Hard to see, but you can see a clip in the lid:

You pull up the chain after it's done steeping, and it locks the basket into the lid, so it can finish dripping:

You can see the basket now in the lid:

Day 2, Saturday morning. Coffee on the 00:

It was about 60ยฐ when we got up, so I got a fire going:

We walked down to the river for awhile, to stretch the ol legs. I won't bore you with the photos. Wife picked some flowers, so I took a shot for the ladies. You can tell I now belong to a stove forum as well, haha:

The same old bacon and fried potatoes for breakfast:

to be cont...

Went for yet another walk up the hill, and too a few shots. Dandelion:

The same, close up:

Another dandelion with a few workers:

Ever get the feeling you're being watched?

Fence lizard:

Was supposed to be in the low 80's Saturday. Here it is in the morning:

A buzzard circling overhead. Think he was trying to tell my old butt something, haha:

Later on, in the afternoon. Pushing 91ยฐ in the shade:

This was my first time to actually use my old stoves, and I learned a few lessons. The main one, was to bring more priming alcohol the next time. Had to go back to the propane stove. Not as fun, but much more convenient. Fried rice cakes:

Burgers over the fire:

Broccoli:

Juice is running clear, aka done:

Time to get a buzz going. I assigned the BK9 to watch over my bottle of MM:

Waited all day for this to happen. Sun going behind the valley. This trip was hot and humid:

Relaxing to some tunes:

Obligatory fire shot. The nights and mornings were cool enough to sit by a fire. Also kept the pain in the ass gnats away:

Felt bad about not using the blades that much, especially when a custom knife maker asks you try out a blade for them, but the heat was a killer. I did as little as possible, believe me. Still appreciate very much the opportunity to use it. Great blade. Hope to use the blades more the next trip. Thanks for looking.

Looks like a nice weekend and it still beats the heck outta cutting down trees all weekend! Although the Makers may have played a roll in the evenings here too. :thumbsup:
It was fun, but damn was it ever hot. On the plus side, the wasps weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, and no chiggers this time. Always a plus.
Great post. Thanks for sharing. I really like those stoves and the teapot is genius.
Thanks man. That kettle is cool. I think I gave nearly $20 shipped for it. A bargain to us.

Looks like an awesome trip. Thanks for sharing. :)
Thanks man, it was fun.

Sweet!!
Thanks for bangin' on the AuK6!! :-D
Yeah, that bad boy belongs in a Tweener sheath, which are now available. I've bought several. :)
'Twas my pleasure. I wanted to beat the dog snot out of it, but whatever I could do, to not overheat was a good thing. Awesome blade man. I really liked this shot, with the sun gleaming off the blade:

2v2HB2t8DxACRfS.jpg

Thanks man. We used to go there once, sometimes twice per month, but anymore we just go maybe 6 times per year, or less. Too hot there in the summer. We talked about getting electric, and an air conditioner, etc, but it takes the rustic out of it. Besides, who the hell wants to drive for three hours just to sit in a dinky cabin in the a/c? I've actually entertained the thought of selling it. Perhaps use the money to put down on another place, a little bigger, and more private.

Thanks man.

Thanks man. daizee made that from scratch. Have to ask the wife for the recipe. Damn good though.

Yes he does. The wife is writing it down for me. Recipe to be yours momentarily...

Warrior Cakes!

Not knowing the recipe.....yet, I imagine those cooked in bacon grease and eaten with bacon, possibly eggs.
or if a guy was slumming it, eaten along side spam, eggs possible.

I think I'm just friggin' hungry.

Back