Cadet X

I’d be happy if they offered a model that swapped the nail file for scissors

I’d be happy if they offered a model that swapped the nail file for scissors
That would work, also. However, I do sometimes find that file handy for all sorts of things: screws, prying, digging, filing, etc. Still, if scissors were there, I would gladly give it up. A Cadet X would give me all of the tools I actually use, and more.

That would work, also. However, I do sometimes find that file handy for all sorts of things: screws, prying, digging, filing, etc. Still, if scissors were there, I would gladly give it up. A Cadet X would give me all of the tools I actually use, and more.

I find the nail file to be an excellent small Phillips driver, and sometimes awl for poking holes in not too hard material. But I would love a cadet with both nail file and scissors. Then I cold jettison the classic from key ring.

I'm not a nail file fan. I just haven't found it very useful. Scissors would be a great swap but I'd also be happy with an awl so the Cadet would be like a scaled down Pioneer.

I think if the file is swapped for scissors it should just be called something else.
Like Super Cadet lol.

Who is "We"? I sure don't need one.

I agree -- I don't need one either. Somehow, I find 84mm-size SAKs to be a little to small for me. Thus, personally I'd go with a 91mm Pioneer X instead.

Still, DocT, if you want that and can get Victorinox to make it, more power to you!

I totally agree. I have the Pioneer X, but it's too heavy. A 3-layer Cadet X would be much better.

Yes, it would be about right for most uses and daily carry. I could clear out those Classics from off my key chains and also not need a larger knife.

That would be my dream knife! I carry a Classic Alox on my keychain for the purpose of having a pair of scissors. I would gladly buy a Cadet X and delete the Classic from my keychain setup.

That would be my dream knife! I carry a Classic Alox on my keychain for the purpose of having a pair of scissors. I would gladly buy a Cadet X and delete the Classic from my keychain setup.

Yeah, this plus a zillion or two. A cadet with scissors and nail file would be soooo perfect an EDC knife for urban/suburban environments, it cold be that 'one' knife you could carry for most things you'll need in the course of your day. Even with just the scissors, it wild be a great suburban EDC.

A Cadet X and the OHO Trekker would IMO be the dynamic duo. The Cadet would be people friendly (in red of course, so it’s immediately identified as a SAK), and the Trekker for bigger jobs

*Just a thought, I blame it on all the coffee lol

Yeah, this plus a zillion or two. A cadet with scissors and nail file would be soooo perfect an EDC knife for urban/suburban environments, it cold be that 'one' knife you could carry for most things you'll need in the course of your day. Even with just the scissors, it wild be a great suburban EDC.
I get that totally. 9 times out of 10 I need a pair of scissors instead of a knife. I could do with a Cadet with scissors instead of the knife. I can't always take a SAK to work. But would it still be a Swiss Army "Knife"? ;)

Back