• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Cajun Leather Works - Walsh Jewell - Awesome

I've been carrying more and more traditionals these days. But my biggest gripe with pocket carry has always been the knife turning horizontal in my pocket...it's just annoying. Leather pocket slips seem to help the issue sometimes, but the ones that GEC, CRK, and KSF all make still have a tendency to turn. I eventually saw Scout Leather's Pocket Protector, made to hold a AAA light, and a small folder, or other similarly sized items. Ideally, I needed something to use with a GEC #15 and a EagleTac D25 AAA.

While Scout's products are tried and true, they certainly command a premium price. And I'm sure they've earned the right to charge what they do. That said, I began seeking alternatives in a smaller-name maker. After all, I don't mind being a guinea pig and trying something out that's unproven and maybe saving a few bucks along the way.

In my searching I found Cajun Leather Works (Walsh Jewell is the guy's name). I ordered one of his "Cajun Pocket Protectors" on Sunday. They are all made to order. It shipped out on Tuesday and arrived today. While that in itself is impressive, even more impressive is the quality of the product I received. The attention to detail is second to none. The stitching is flawless, and all of the edges are beautifully burnished. I took a few pictures to share. Unfortunately I didn't bring the knife and light with me to work today so I can put this sheath to use now!

In short, top notch product, excellent service (replied to emails right away), fast delivery, and very reasonable prices. Kudos to Walsh.

Yw7aRD9.jpg

HLQCLPj.jpg

DKhpCaG.jpg

tbdig30.jpg

Back