CAK & 18"AK

Got my CAK and AK a week ago straight from Nepal. Fit & finish is good and they are not as heavy as people make them to be. I think most men these days are to soft. Anyway the handle was as expected, on the CAK smaller and shorter but still huge... big enough for XL hands. The AK has a longer and bigger handle maybe XXL and I love it.( I like both handles). Both knives were made by Kumar and I can see he has been doing it for a hundred years.

I have used the CAK now twice splitting dry Camel thorn wood which is also known as "The metal one" because of it being the hardest most dense in Africa. This wood kills edges and micro chips about every knife. Had no problems with the edge only some deep scratches afterwards which looks cool.

Back to the handles... even though very comfortable I still wrap all my knife handles with self adhesive rubber tape which gives it a VERY good feel and ads a ton of traction.. this also improves the knife's speed by 50%. Love it!!

Overall VERY happy and think as a dedicated Wood Splitter these will excel.

Thanks Yangdu for organising delivery to my wife's hotel in Nepal... my wife have absolutely fallen in love with the country and the people.

The 18" AK is definitely near the top of my list of most functional work horse blades. Very powerful. I prefer it even over the CAK. I'm glad you like yours. Eat some of that real Biltong for me.

Back