California legal

CA has great landscape and certain qualities of life. Politically it's an embarrassment.

Oh California is amazing with the different elevation "life zones" changing from chaparral, desert, juniper, pine.. For a nature buff I love it.. Until I round a corner and find a party of some gang banger party of 100 strong hiding out around some rocks in the middle of nowhere. Yeah, that happened to me.

Or come upon meth labs in the desert.

Jim,
I am just saying I don't like California. I grew up there. I left for a reason. The people changed*. Not a good place anymore.

*when I was school in California we were allowed to have pocket knives in school. Califonia changed. I don't think you can reverse the ignorance of "acception" when it already moved in the other direction from that.

I don't have a problem here in GA. People open carry guns. Everybody feels safe.
To each his own. I'm glad you're in a place you're happy. At least you're speaking from personal experience. Many people who dump on CA have likely never even been (much less lived) here. Many people base their opinions of CA on Hollywood celebrities.

I myself have had different experiences from yours. But if we're being honest, you can find better and worse places and people in every state. I've had a few gang encounters here, but only a couple times many years back, and luckily nothing serious. I also avoid areas where gang activity is more commonplace, whereas before I didn't. I know anything can happen anywhere. A teacher I had from GA told me he was mugged by gangbangers in Atlanta.

My most dangerous gang encounter? In Taipei, Taiwan, in 1985, with a kidnapping attempt on me (they failed).

Second worst was during a high school class trip to NYC in 1979, but at least this one I wasn't targeted.

What I'm saying is that CA is a big state. I've personally never had an issue with my knives here. At all. Well, except for once in the 1990s when a woman told me my Victorinox Classic was a 'deadly weapon'. I knew this person; she was in a trade school I was attending. She was from Wisconsin or somewhere.

Jim

Last edited:
To each his own. I'm glad you're in a place you're happy. At least you're speaking from personal experience. Many people who dump on CA have likely never even been (much less lived) here. Many people base their opinions of CA on Hollywood celebrities.

I myself have had different experiences from yours. But if we're being honest, you can find better and worse places and people in every state. I've had a few gang encounters here, but only a couple times many years back, and luckily nothing serious. I also avoid areas where gang activity is more commonplace, whereas before I didn't. I know anything can happen anywhere. A teacher I had from GA told me he was mugged by gangbangers in Atlanta.

My most dangerous gang encounter? In Taipei, Taiwan, in 1985, with a kidnapping attempt on me (they failed).

Second worst was during a high school class trip to NYC in 1979, but at least this one I wasn't targeted.

What I'm saying is that CA is a big state. I've personally never had an issue with my knives here. At all. Well, except for once in the 1990s when a woman told me my Victorinox Classic was a 'deadly weapon'. I knew this person; she was in a trade school I was attending. She was from Wisconsin or somewhere.

Jim

I visited a girlfriend I had in Manhatten in 1979. Man that place was pretty rough back then.

Jim
Deadly weapon? A Swiss army knife! So did you stab her??;)

I'm in California and suprized laws are so relaxed in most of the state. I do have to be mindful. One time touring which young kids in Sacramento I had to stash my Benchmade in a bush when we decided to tour the stat capitol building. It was there when we left .

Deadly weapon? A Swiss army knife! So did you stab her??;)
Nah...I think I just rolled my eyes and ignored her. Which seemed to irk her a bit more. :p
I'm in California and suprized laws are so relaxed in most of the state. I do have to be mindful. One time touring which young kids in Sacramento I had to stash my Benchmade in a bush when we decided to tour the stat capitol building. It was there when we left .
Knives are restricted in any government building like pretty much every other state. Also pro sporting events, concerts, amusement parks, courthouses, schools, etc.

Jim

Believe it or not, they will hold your knife at the door to the Capitol and return it when you leave. A member of the CHP provides an envelope, you write your name on it and show your ID to get your knife back.

That particular day I was carrying a Spyderco Civilain. I wasn't walking all the way back to the car either so I emptied my pockets into the plastic tub just before the metal detector and that's when the CHP officer provided the large brown envelpoe. There was an administrative type in suit pants, white shirt and tie, who told me to write my name on the envelope and said that the knife would be returned when I left.

I didn't know that they provided this service. They were all very professional about it too, as if they had done this exact thing many times before. I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that they would hold one's firearm in the same manner as CCW permits are much easier to come by in this part of the state.

I have 3 new Infidel minies that I want to sell, could some one tell me if it would be ligal to do so in California?

Back