Calling big game hunters

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Instead of dwelling on my problems which I'm working through, I need to get my head back into my work. What I'd like to do is a small group of 5 big game hunters for a passaround since hunting season is close. I do still plan on hitting the woods alot this fall and thought this would be something fun to do.
I have a new design in mind for a skinner. This design is mainly to be used as a skinner but could also field dress game. It is a simple design, nothing unusal. It will be O1 steel and heavy duty.
Just need the first 5 people to post in this thread to get on the list. We can work out the details of the passaround right before the knife is finished.
Scott

1. Kyturkey
2. Jason Richmond
3. atcgriffin
4. cddogfan1
5. Anster2
6. tiogatires

Last edited:
I'd love to be in the pass around, but I don't think I'm going to be able to fill a tag this year. Otherwise, it sounds like fun.

hey scott. love the idea and would love to say yes, but as much as i hate to say it....this (as you may know) is my first year hunting...so not sure i would be able to give you helpful feedback on your knife, since i have nothing to compare it to. i sure will be keeping an eye out on this thread though. good stuff.

Deer would be the only big game I'll be hunting, but I'd be interested in the pass around if the timing works out. I actually plan on doing some trapping this year for the first time, too. (Don't think coyotes are considered big game though.)

Dad got drawn for a bear tag in MI, he and another guy are going the last of Sept. I hope they have some luck.

me and my stepdad got drawn for buck deer but with my current luck on hunting i doubt id do anything with the knife but carry it

Would a poor old hunter from Washington be able to get in on this? I don't spend alot of time here but sure like the Gossman blades I have.

Scott If you so not mind I would like to get on this. Think I might can come up with some test medium arounf here in South GA.

Scott. Hopefully if the stars align there will be Gossman steal used this weekend on a gator. Drew a tag this year and season starts Friday night. Got a three day hunt planned hopefully we can get it done.

If there is still an opening, count me in. I plan on doing a lot of hunting this year to "clear my head" too. I was invited into a new lease this year with my second cousins and great uncles camp. Ten members on 230 acres on the eastern shore surrounded by 400+ acres of hunt-able state land. Lots of turkey there too. The biggest game will be white tail deer for me though. I picked up a large Tusker in a trade with SHS and will post pics of it skinning deer too, hopefully.

I'm in on this if there is room..... Lottsa skunnin going on here in south central Pa. Last year I helped process about 8 deer. Either way, neat idea! Been wanting a Gossman for a long time, this would be a good opportunity for me to try one out!

We'll go ahead with 6. Anster and tiogatires you're in. This is now closed. We will work out the details according to when you guys think you'll use the knife.
Scott

I'll get a picture of the blade up tomorrow. Went with A2 steel since I had that on hand for this design.
Scott

He's a pic of the blade.
Scott

skinner.jpg

dang. i like the handle shape. i like the blade shape. and that grind looks fantastic. regretting not signing up now. :) nice job scott. :thumbup:

Back