Calling big game hunters

Liking it. It looks like a good slicer, like a skinning knife should be. What size is it?

I'll have this knife finished next week. You guys need to post when you think you'll be able to use it according to hunting seasons in your state. Then we can work out how we will pass it around.
Scott

I'll have this knife finished next week. You guys need to post when you think you'll be able to use it according to hunting seasons in your state. Then we can work out how we will pass it around.
Scott

I'm hunting in Maryland. These work best for me:

Firearm season dates Nov 24th-Dec 1st, Muzzle Loader Season Oct 18th- 20th. Late Firearms Jan 4th- 5th.

One of the first two would work best for me. At least that's when someone in my camp or hopefully me would have the best chance at utilizing the knife for deer processing.

Thanks again for the opportunity to test it.

Last edited:
I'm mostly a trad archer and my season starts this september 29th. Maybe for the first two weeks or so and if i'm lucky enough to get close enough....

One of these two would probably be best for me.
Firearm Nov. 10-19, Muzzleloader Dec 8-16

I sold my bow a few years ago when the kids were little and I didn't seem to have time to go. I could borrow Dad's crossbow though, and that would add some more time to my sesaon. So, I could probably do about anytime from Nov 10 - Dec 31.

Scott

I am still trying to get my gator this year going back the weekend of the 21st. If I get by then could possibly use it on a gator. As we talked before that has to be one of the hardest things I have ever skinned all knife work. But after that I could use it anytime from now thill Jan 15. Our archery season is in and gun season starts middle of next month. Will probably take it over to the Edge boys one weekend and put it on a hog or to then also. By the way went to the stand you and Craig hunted, the other day and the hogs have been back recently. I need to go hunt it soon and see if I can stick one with the bow.

Here is what I figured should work. Hope this line up is ok with you guys. These are the dates each of you will have the knife. If you don't get to use it skinning, no worries. Use it for whatever you think it would be good at but it is designed mainly as a skinner. Use it on big or small game, whatever you plan to hunt. You must mail the knife on the last date you have it. Mailed USPS priority with a tracking number. I've given several days inbetween each person for it to move through the mail. You must contact the person you are sending it to for their shipping info. I started off with cddogfan1 because he has a gator tag next weekend.
1. cddogfan1 Sept. 21 to Oct 9
2 .tiogatires Oct.12 to Oct. 30
3. kyturkey Nov. 2 to Nov 20
4. Anster2 Nov. 23 to Dec 11
5. Jason Richmond Dec 14 to Jan2
6. atcgriffin Jan. 4 to Jan 22

This gives each of you about 18 days with the knife and should cover just about the whole hunting season.
Scott

The knife is on it's way to cddogfan1. After you have finished with the knife, write up a review and your thoughts about the design. Pics are a plus but not necessary.
Thanks to all who are participating.
Scott

I sent it out to tiogatires last week he should have it. Will post my review later. Do we want it in this thread?

Received! Nice work btw Scott. I really like the sheath as well. I almost had the opportunity this morning to use it, but missed a doe at 45 with the ole' smoke pole. I'll be out a few more times before it's off again. Too bad though, Im headin to NY for Buck Oct. 31st. Would have loved to take it along with the longbow.

Scott, really nice knife..... I love it, especially the ergos. Spot on brotha.

I'll get a review up after the 30th when I'm done molestering it...

kyturkey - Please PM or Email me your shipping address. I meant to post earlier, but Sandy knocked out my power for awhile so no internet....

Back