Calling big game hunters

kyturkey - Please PM or Email me your shipping address. I meant to post earlier, but Sandy knocked out my power for awhile so no internet....

Did you get my PM? I tried a follow up PM, but your inbox is full. So, I emailed you again a few minutes ago.

4. Andster2 Nov. 23 to Dec 11

Andster2 send me your address, your up next!

kyturkey, email sent. Looking forward to testing this one out. We have killed quite a few deer so far at my second hunt club on the eastern shore. Im sure we will be able to test drive this knife with some whitetails.

I received the knife. Unfortunately, I left for hunting camp a day before it arrived at my house. Shot a nice 8 pointer Saturday morning. Heading to my other camp soon. I hope to use the knife for skinning then.

I'm sending a pm to andster2 to give him my address and a pm to the guy in line after me to get his address. Almost my turn to give this knife a try! looks like you guys have been giving it a good workout.

I really enjoyed my time with the little skinner. Unfortunately, I left for deer camp a day before the mailman dropped it at my house. I did shoot a nice buck and was able to utilize the knife for deboning. I also used the knife to scrape the flesh off of the deer skin. I made some serious fuzz sticks too but didn't take a pic. Sorry for the poor quality phone pics.

First impressions: The handle was contoured beautifully and the micarta scales popped. I love the look when you can see the depth of the micarta grain. I thought the handle would be a little small for my large hands, but realized it was designed intentionally for skinning grips. This knife is another great example of a real world knife that is made for serious use.
IMG_17067.JPG
[/IMG]
IMG_17086.JPG
[/IMG]

I realized when deboning my deer that I was naturally holding the knife with my index finger on top of the blade like this.
IMG_18245.JPG
[/IMG]

The full convex blade cuts meat superbly. It actually was a perfect deboning knife.
IMG_17106.JPG
[/IMG]

I guess I would call this knife a little/ big knife. The stout blade was on the smaller size which made it very controllable when working close to your fingers. No fatigue when using the knife for over an hour with wet hands. First class knife and sheath quality. I would recommend the knife to successful hunters that kill multiple game per year. Thank you for the opportunity to test drive!!! Two thumbs up.:thumbup::thumbup:

The skinner has been shipped to atcgriffin. Tracking at usps is 03120860000210203358.

I enjoyed the time I had trying this knife out. I went out a few days and hunted hard but made some mistakes that cost me meat. So I had to resort to playing in the back yard with this compact beast of a skinner.
I used it and an axe to work up a split wood fire.
103_2008.jpg

Used an axe to split larger fuel wood and put on a pot of coffee over the fire.
103_2010.jpg

I lashed a log to a corner pole under my parachute shelter to use as a fleshing beam and table to help in holding a bear head while taking of the skin.
103_2014.jpg

The bear is from an earlier hunt and been in my freezer a while waiting for the skull be skinned and cleaned.
103_2013.jpg

This knife has some nice curves and plenty of belly for skinning.
103_2023.jpg

I normally carry a knife that has a longer blade and tend to blade pinch when skinning.
103_2024.jpg

I found the blade pinch was not needed and this hold was most comfortable for me skinning with this knife.
103_2027.jpg

This hold was comfortable when doing opening cuts.
103_2029.jpg

This is a comparison photo with some other patterns Scott makes.
103_2031.jpg

The blade shape is one of my favorites. This tool is perfect for what it was designed to be and that is a skinner. I feel that if the handle was a 1/2" longer, the blade 1" longer and 1/8" stock it would be a great all around knife. Great fit and finish and perfect grind lines, like all of Scott's knives i have used. Thank you Scott for letting me get in on this pass around.

Thanks for posting Jason. Great photos! Thanks for taking the time to use the knife. Thanks to all who have participated in the passaround.
Scott

Thanks for posting Jason. Great photos! Thanks for taking the time to use the knife. Thanks to all who have participated in the passaround.
Scott

Seconded. You did a great job with the reviews. Especially appreicate the shot that shows the handle contours on the Skinner...you did a nice job with those Scott.

Back