Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

A couple of Camillus from the Classic Cartridge Series.

UqeXOcQh.jpg

tL4lS8qh.jpg

Camillus army engineer knife and a vintage TL-29

8yICaK5h.jpg

Group shots of some of my old saw scouts, manufactured by Camillus for a number of companies.

9mBjbSlh.jpg

EcsivX6h.jpg

9u3k7h9h.jpg

The 94ot is a classic schrade pattern. I no longer have this particular one but I brought out another from my stash that is a better user.

The pattern goes back to cut co and those cut and early walden trappers were real beauty queens. The 94ot won't be winning any beauty contests, but it's always ready for work.

IMG_3087.jpg

Last edited:
The reason I gravitated to schrade in the first place was because of their working class delrin/swinden era knives. I always really liked what they were and what they were intended for. Not fancy but well made in the USA, to be functional and practical, made by the same kind of people as the ones that used and still use these great knives.

A couple that fulfill their purpose...

An 885 that I thinned out the main grind on all the blades. The schrade+ steel is of excellent quality, I never need for more in a stainless steel.

IMG_0701.JPG

A classic looking match striker pull 881, in classic carbon steel.

IMG_3158.jpg

Great knife, and great new frontier.
Thank you they’re a great pair. Need a chest holster for it tho which I’m almost too cheap to buy.
I love when I can just strop a knife right out of the package to shaving sharp the shrade+ steel still gets it done :thumbsup:

Also I forgot how much the schrade sheaths smell had immediately order one I think that’s gonna work

Went back to the small knife shop in the Village of Camillus that also doubles as a Camillus Cutlery Museum. Spoke to the owner for a bit, who is very nice guy and former employee at Camillus Cutlery. With his permission, I took several photos of the museum, which had been rearranged since the last time I was there. Below are those photos. I hope you enjoy.
It will take several posts to show them all. Please bear with me.

John

Back