Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

44EE6F98-6814-4D7A-A563-33E9D4E2AF8F.jpeg 34C2BBA7-65E2-472F-8B7D-7B5A93B68788.jpeg 0320BC85-1BF9-4481-BF51-C467AADD6865.jpeg A4991BEF-6FAC-41E0-83E2-58CBC99067C9.jpeg

That’s all of them. I hope you enjoy viewing them. I was especially interested in the last couple of photos detailing Camillus’ role during WW2. And the nostalgia of the photos that captured the building burning to the ground. I still remember that day. The smoke could be seen for quite a distance.

Thanks for looking.

John

View attachment 1092601 View attachment 1092602 View attachment 1092603 View attachment 1092604

That’s all of them. I hope you enjoy viewing them. I was especially interested in the last couple of photos detailing Camillus’ role during WW2. And the nostalgia of the photos that captured the building burning to the ground. I still remember that day. The smoke could be seen for quite a distance.

Thanks for looking.

John
Thank you for posting these pictures of the Cutlery Museum. I don't know if you've seen it before, but it made me think of this video of photos of Camillus Cutlery workers:

Thank you for posting these pictures of the Cutlery Museum. I don't know if you've seen it before, but it made me think of this video of photos of Camillus Cutlery workers:

I had not seen that video, Rachel. Thank you for sharing it. It really is a shame they went out of business. I would’ve loved to have retired from my current job and gotten a job there.

Thank you John. I enjoyed the tour of an amazing museum. Do you know who Tommy Williams was (In Memory of )?

Sorry, I had to downsize the pictures to make them fit for posting. It’s clearer in the original picture. Tommy Williams was the Camillus Cutlery Company Historian.

I’m glad you liked the pictures.

John

The sides of this knife had obviously been shined up because it was slick and shiny but still had character marks from sitting around unused for 34 years.
I was going to leave it as is but it was way too slick and shiny so a light touch with scotchbrite pad and 30 seconds or so on each side took care of it, after that I decided to " enhance " the stamp a bit with some black paint.

Fodderwing Fodderwing

Dwight, Tom Williams was also the moderator of the Camillus Collector's Forum.

A sad day for all of us.

Tom Williams: about knives, about Camillus, about himself

Thank you for posting this.

The history of the knives, companies, people behind it and how they did things are part of a whole. The knives themselves, though appealing, are not quite complete without this history.

I suppose you could say that although we just like knives many of us are also students of history.

Went back to the small knife shop in the Village of Camillus that also doubles as a Camillus Cutlery Museum. Spoke to the owner for a bit, who is very nice guy and former employee at Camillus Cutlery. With his permission, I took several photos of the museum, which had been rearranged since the last time I was there. Below are those photos. I hope you enjoy.
It will take several posts to show them all. Please bear with me.

John

Thanks very much for posting the museum pictures, John!:thumbsup: I really enjoyed them.

This one has a Sears Craftsman badge but Camillus on the tang

7cESG7Lh.jpg

Back