Camillus and Schrade of Old Given Short Shrift Now-A-Days

SteveC SteveC here is the ebony 70. The work was superbly done by glennbad. I need to get some better pictures of it without the trees glaring on the blades.

The blades are in original condition with factory edges. 1946-50 stamp. The ebony is dark and looks stunning; the original shield was used. It is my favorite of all my camillus knives. Really it's one of my favorite knives, period.

IMG_3390.jpg IMG_3391.jpg

Here's mine

cKf6FSwh.jpg

It's the same frame as the Engineer and the Air Corp knives and also the #16 & #17 Heavy Jacks

6rbxu1kh.jpg

Hmmmm........ I may have to branch out from usual scouts, and widen my horizons a bit. I really love the Camillus 14 equal end frame.

This schrade walden 881 has a unique feature that I've never seen on another 881 or 8813, nickel silver liners and pins. Being that I greatly prefer NS to brass that makes this one of my favorite 881's. It also doesn't hurt that it has nice bone that is well matched on both sides, hafted and rounded beautifully by the old pros!

IMG_3496.JPG IMG_3497.JPG

Last edited:
This schrade walden 881 has a unique feature that I've never seen on another 881 or 8813, nickel silver liners and pins. Being that I greatly prefer NS to brass that makes this one of my favorite 881's. It also doesn't hurt that it has nice bone that is well matched on both sides, hafted and rounded beautifully by the old pros!

View attachment 1100847 View attachment 1100848
That's a great looking knife, Paul. I would've thought it was a 8813 just looking at it... that long pull and swedge, specifically. And I've never seen either with NS pins/liners. Very interesting.

That's a great looking knife, Paul. I would've thought it was a 8813 just looking at it... that long pull and swedge, specifically. And I've never seen either with NS pins/liners. Very interesting.

Thank you. I have an 899 that's the same situation. The 881 and 899 were described in catalogs as brass lined. Perhaps it was just something they did when they had the materials available.

Back