Camillus Electrician's Knife

It makes sense to me, dad's an electrical engineer and has used that edge many a time to perform that exact function.
That's about as much of an edge he (or I) would want for that.

That's a nice one, Guyon!

I just picked one up today in excellent shape. It's a later version with so-so fit and finish, but it was unsharpened and lightly used. I put a nice mildly-convex edge on it and it's scary sharp now. The following is a scan, not a photo, so the blades look kind of dull and gray:

Camilluselectrician.jpg

When I was a young kid, I only remember ever seeing two folding knives in the house (my dad was NOT an outdoor type or the least bit mechanically inclined). They were both in the tomato basket my dad used as a tool box. One was a cheap Barlow pattern, and the other was an electrician's knife. Even as a young boy, I could sense the elelctrician's knife was a quality item while the Barlow was of low grade, like most of my dad's tools. :)

It's funny that I never had an interest in picking up either of these patterns until lately. The Camillus will satisfy my desire for the electrician's pattern. I haven't thought too much about a Barlow, although I've looked hard at Northfield versions from Great Eastern Cutlery.

Stay sharp,
desmobob

Can you tell me what they are worth? it looks just like the one in your photo... Thanks,

Yes, it's a small piece of my collection of Camillus :)
It was larger since the time of the giveaway :)

Last edited:
Vit_213 Really nice group of Camillus TL-29's. Your S.C. U.S.A. reminds me that a fellow collector I know up here just sold off his collection of TL-29's and others at the Knife show in Eugene, Oregon. Some of the knives in that collection are pictured in Mike Silvey's "Pocket Knives of the United States Military". He's had a table next to Mike's at the show for awhile now.
A great bunch of knives you have in your collection my friend.:thumbup:

I have one of the black handled ones that was part of what was called a TL33 kit with a pair of pliers that was used to splice wire for phones used in the Iowa National Guard for connecting phones in a headquarters company with mortars from the FO to the guns to the headquarters. Lay the wire, connect everyone up and wait for the tanks to tear it up then go find the break and splice it back together. 1972 - 1976. Mine is in the last generation.

You know maybe memory morphed the TL 29 to TL 33

Last edited:
That's a nice one, Guyon!

I just picked one up today in excellent shape. It's a later version with so-so fit and finish, but it was unsharpened and lightly used. I put a nice mildly-convex edge on it and it's scary sharp now. The following is a scan, not a photo, so the blades look kind of dull and gray:

Camilluselectrician.jpg

When I was a young kid, I only remember ever seeing two folding knives in the house (my dad was NOT an outdoor type or the least bit mechanically inclined). They were both in the tomato basket my dad used as a tool box. One was a cheap Barlow pattern, and the other was an electrician's knife. Even as a young boy, I could sense the elelctrician's knife was a quality item while the Barlow was of low grade, like most of my dad's tools. :)

It's funny that I never had an interest in picking up either of these patterns until lately. The Camillus will satisfy my desire for the electrician's pattern. I haven't thought too much about a Barlow, although I've looked hard at Northfield versions from Great Eastern Cutlery.

Stay sharp,
desmobob

I've had two over the years.First one in 1968.

I did too until everything that had a screw was a phillips.
I just needed a good excuse to put one away!

To keep this going because this is one of the most used knives around. Camillus was the maker of many Sears/Craftsman knives and I believe this is a Camillus. Model number is 95208. I have before and after pictures. I like to try to fix up the knives I buy off the bay.

Before
DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

After a little TLC
DSC_0006_zpsa884ecdb.jpg

DSC_0007_zps0a88f00e.jpg

DSC_0010_zpse1e72014.jpg

This might not belong here, but I wanted to show you all a TL-29 that glennbad drastically reworked and sent to me.

008-15.jpg

009-10.jpg

Back