Camp Knife

JK Knives

Here is my version of a heavy duty camp knife.

12" overall
7" long x 3/16" thick x 1 1/2" tall blade of O1 steel

These will go for $248 shipped in any standard handle material. Add $25 for a leather pouch sheath. Taking orders now for delivery starting in late June.

Very nice, John!! A lot to like about that one. Great blade shape, and the handle looks just right.

I also like the small sharpening choil.

Very well done, Mr. K!

best

mqqn

I got it today and WOW!:eek: The picture doesn't do it justice- it's gorgeous!:cool: As I mentioned before, I had a notebook of sketches of a blade I wanted John to make for me, been doodling for about six months...but when I saw this raw blade I knew I could toss those sketches because this is what I wanted! I would have loved to have the G10 scales like a couple of my older JKs but the red linen micarta is beautiful, too. The handle is really the best part IMO, it's exactly what I'd hoped for! Despite having fairly large hands (I wear XL gloves) I tend to prefer slimmer handles. Probably from decades as a chef I guess, I'm just used to slender knives. The contouring if absolutely perfect! A nice palm swell while still being slim and not at all blocky. And the shape of the scales where they meet the blade should allow for good retention in the custom Kydex I'm getting made for it.

All in all I couldn't be happier, nor more impressed- a tall order since my expectations were very high. I can see this one being a very popular model for John if the bushcraft crowd gets a gander at it.:D

I'll add a few more pics when I get the chance.

A few more pics!

H1L3LRG.jpg

W34i0eV.jpg

j2vr7Ph.jpg

q1kJfgW.jpg

I've never considered red linen micarta handle slabs before. I'm surprised at how much I like them. For the past couple years I've been making a conscience effort to buy less knives but this model may be more than I can resist.

Back