1. Week 51 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 21 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

CAN 154CM GET HAIR SHAVING SHARP?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by beachbum2588, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    My 154CM Emerson Seax takes a razor sharp edge and holds it. I have had good luck with pretty much all my Emersons. Only a couple had blades that were just too thick to make really fine cutters, and those I moved along to a new home.

2. Lee48

Lee48

Apr 29, 2005
    Put me down as a fan of 154CM. It's right up there in my favorite steels list. I'm not very fond of so-called super steels that some believe will hold and edge forever (here's a hint: they won't). Give me a knife with steel that I can sharpen quickly in the field when I'm using it. 154CM can be easily sharpened in the field to a working edge and it can take a hair popping edge with a little extra effort.

3. Kreyzhorse

Kreyzhorse

Jan 15, 2013
    Great steel... takes a great edge, holds it and easy to sharpen.

4. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Its an okay steel. I prefer others but don't mind it.

Most steels can get hair shaving and even hair widdeling if you know what your doing. If the steel ht is off or burnt edges then things might not fair too well.