Can a medfords frame lock be loosened?

It's starting to get better after a month or so of use. Still won't fall down but I think it will in time. It atleast goes down easier so I think i just got one the needed alot of use to break in. Those afe some beautiful colors on the ones you both posted! I havent seen either of those variations!!

It's starting to get better after a month or so of use. Still won't fall down but I think it will in time. It atleast goes down easier so I think i just got one the needed alot of use to break in. Those afe some beautiful colors on the ones you both posted! I havent seen either of those variations!!

Thank you & glad to hear your Slim is in a better state. The gold one was bought direct from Amy Medford while Greg had it on his table at a show. The second one was a one off I picked up from a Medford dealer, liked how it had the Midi Marauder look and not really the Slim look for some variation.

Lowering the lock bar tension goes a long way toward reducing a sticky lock... I'm just saying :D

I know this is an old thread, but with my Slim Midi, the lock bar tension is the issue, not lock stick. How is the lock bar tension lowered?

I’m also wondering if Weasipoint Weasipoint was able to get theirs broken in.

I played with it for a while and it got better on the open, but the close still was stiff. I ended up selling it a while back, overall it was just too small for my hand to comfortably use as an edc

I received my Slim Midi about a week after yours. Mine is smooth, but far from beingdrop free. The lock stick is getting better and my thumb is starting to callus up (which helps). I’ve seen videos online where the blade seems to be more free, but they weren’t the stonewash finish of mine. Since it is textured, I would imagine it takes a while to wear in.

The stonewashed finish should not be on the pivot area of the blade. Should be very smooth. How did you make out with your knife?

D
I know this is an old thread, but with my Slim Midi, the lock bar tension is the issue, not lock stick. How is the lock bar tension lowered?

I’m also wondering if Weasipoint Weasipoint was able to get theirs broken in.
Disassemble, note where the lockbar is bent, then bend it back the other way until it actually moves slightly

D

Disassemble, note where the lockbar is bent, then bend it back the other way until it actually moves slightly
I got a Medford Praetorian T barely used that seemed especially stiff to open. Tried some lube on the pivot but that didn't help much. Put lube on the tang but that was a mistake as it now had a bad case of lock stick (may have happened after loosening the pivot screw also). Tried loosening the pivot screw but then the blade was going off center so I put the screw back to the same position it was in and that recentered the blade. Tried sharpie trick and then graphite but that did very little but it still had such bad lock stick I found I had to use a piece of wood to get it unstuck (and I've got very strong fingers and hands).

So I took out the over-travel screw but did not disassemble the handles. I just kept carefully pulling out the lock bar by hand and trying a flip the blade open to see how much it was sticking. After just a couple tries I got it right and now no (or very very little) lock stick. It also seems the blade is opening a lot smoother too. Not sure why unless the lube on the pivot washers finally got in there as the pivot screw is right where it started. So thanks much REK Knives!

I should add if anyone tries this that you don't want to go to far with bending titanium. I've worked with it quite a bit in the past making flashlight and knife clips and it can be over stressed to where it will break. Just go a little at a time and test for sticking.

Back