Can anyone recommend a really good survival knife and a tactical knife that are both highly resistant to corrosion?

I'm going on a camping trip near the coast and need a survival knife and a tactical knife that are both highly resistant to corrosion. I have an ESEE 5 (beast but very likely to rust just sitting in the kydex sheath where I'm going).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-H

It's difficult to find, but feasible. One of the best knife makers we have here, they have there own forum.

Also, if 4.5" blade length is enough, the Dek1 is a field knife with some "tactical" features (reverse grip, etc.), so you can get away with a single knife, maybe.

I'm going on a camping trip near the coast and need a survival knife and a tactical knife that are both highly resistant to corrosion. I have an ESEE 5 (beast but very likely to rust just sitting in the kydex sheath where I'm going).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-H
A tactical knife on a camping trip....you expecting a zombie attack in the wilderness? Just pick one decent knife an go with it....

Artisan Cutlery Tactical Knife Proponent S35VN steel blade and Aviation grade titanium alloy handle

A tactical knife on a camping trip....you expecting a zombie attack in the wilderness? Just pick one decent knife an go with it.

A tactical knife on a camping trip....you expecting a zombie attack in the wilderness? Just pick one decent knife an go with it....
The way I equip myself and why aren't really relevant to this discussion, but if you need details, I will provide them. The survival knife will need to be a bit larger knife, with some wood processing. The tactical knife is for self-defense, medical emergency, utility tasks and smaller cutting tasks.

Find an older Cold Steel SRK in either AUS8 or San Mai III and use it for both.
This is the most cost efficient, practical and reasonable of the suggestions so far, but how does AUS 8 hold up in a really moist environment? I'm thinking the San Mai III may have better corrosion resistance. Your thoughts?

The way I equip myself and why aren't really relevant to this discussion, but if you need details, I will provide them. The survival knife will need to be a bit larger knife, with some wood processing. The tactical knife is for self-defense, medical emergency, utility tasks and smaller cutting tasks.
Busse Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade is my recommendation based on your parameters. Its also my favorite knife. They have their own forum here as well. INFI isn't stainless but it's damn near. Its like an honorary stainless with the toughness to boot.

I never cut on quality and performance with lifesaving tools, but saving money helps!
14C28N is a great steel! it is cheaper than a lot of super steels but it is also a lot better than a lot of super steels. It just gets a bad rap as a cheaper steel which it is. Tougher than Magnacut and the resistance is almost the same.

Back