Can I legally carry a screw driver on me?

Jim March, one of the people most strongly behind the effort to relax California's firearms laws, was the prime moving force behind the REKAT Sifu, a 5.4" megafolder that he wished made so that he could carry a realistic alternative to a handgun. Remember that this was in the time before the appearance of the Camillus CUDA MAXX 5.5, let alone the CUDA MAXX 7.

arkansas knife laws suck.. you would think that in arkansas you could walk into a walmart with a machete, but the law says that any knife over 3.5" is a weapon... and you can get in as much trouble for that as a concealed gun....although i think we can carry switchblades as long as they aren't over 3.5"

Yeah, I have no problem with the restrictions on autos or balisongs, either. I don't like it, but balisongs and autos are basically just toys, anyway. The only reason I'd ever carry a balisong is if I wanted to impress someone ;)
But seriously, the laws that I have the problem with are the fixed blade laws. A spyderco is just a hair slower than a fixed blade. Fixed blades are more useful, and I can't make folders :mad:
There's something about carrying a blade that you've made yourself that makes you feel like a man.

- Chris

But outlawing balisongs and autos is a form of cultural discrimination :D. Because you see, the autos are popular with Italians and balisongs are popular with Filipinos, so, in order to be culturally inclusive, you can't discriminate on what types of knives are legal or illegal. Why, that could give a person of that culture an inferiority complex, and inflict a social stigma against them, that would cruelly affect them for life. ;) People could begin to think that Italians and Filipinos are "criminal elements" in our society, and to think that would be WRONG! That's cultural DISCRIMINATION! Such thinking could lead people to commit violent acts against people of these cultures, which would be classified as HATE CRIMES, which, as we all know in this PC world is the WORST KIND OF CRIMES! So, in order to be politically correct, we therefore HAVE NO RECOURSE but to be CULTURALLY INCLUSIVE and make automatic knives and Balisongs legal, and to give Italy and the Philipines most favored nation trading status, and provide tax incentives for US citizens to purchase and carry these knives. :D

But outlawing balisongs and autos is a form of cultural discrimination :D. Because you see, the autos are popular with Italians and balisongs are popular with Filipinos, so, in order to be culturally inclusive, you can't discriminate on what types of knives are legal or illegal. Why, that could give a person of that culture an inferiority complex, and inflict a social stigma against them, that would cruelly affect them for life. ;) People could begin to think that Italians and Filipinos are "criminal elements" in our society, and to think that would be WRONG! That's cultural DISCRIMINATION! Such thinking could lead people to commit violent acts against people of these cultures, which would be classified as HATE CRIMES, which, as we all know in this PC world is the WORST KIND OF CRIMES! So, in order to be politically correct, we therefore HAVE NO RECOURSE but to be CULTURALLY INCLUSIVE and make automatic knives and Balisongs legal, and to give Italy and the Philipines most favored nation trading status, and provide tax incentives for US citizens to purchase and carry these knives. :D

are you kidding me? this thread is almost three years old! the last post was in the beginning of 2005.

I think the latest Blade Magazine had an article on this very subject. Guy was convicted of carry a concealed weapon even though it was a screwdriver he even lost on appeal I believe.

I think the latest Blade Magazine had an article on this very subject. Guy was convicted of carry a concealed weapon even though it was a screwdriver he even lost on appeal I believe.

a screwdriver can kill someone just as easliy as a knife, and depending on the method of carry and circumstances surrounding its discovery, is easily a concealed weapon.

Wow, and I thought Arizona was a free state. I think the only area that VT beats AZ is no permit required to CCW a handgun. AZ has no limit on switchblades, but fixed blades aren't concealable without CCW. Both are the top 2 it looks like though. Oregon would be a close third. I guess in the end it depends on which weather you prefer. :cool:

Hey all, I'm new here, and I live in Flagstaff AZ, and I was wondering if anyone knew the laws of Flagstaff that pertained to Boot Knives. The only things I can find are extremely vague. Thanks much

arkansas knife laws suck.. you would think that in arkansas you could walk into a walmart with a machete, but the law says that any knife over 3.5" is a weapon... and you can get in as much trouble for that as a concealed gun....although i think we can carry switchblades as long as they aren't over 3.5"

But what's wrong with citizens having weapons, D*MMIT!!! :mad:
Excuse my language.

Back